Ramp Operative / Baggage Handler - Manchester Airport
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE ONLY.
Line Up Aviation has carved its own place in the recruitment of Aviation and Aerospace personnel all over the world for more than 28 years.
We work with some of the industry’s best known companies who demand the highest standard of applicants.
Role: Ramp Operative - Baggage Handler
Location: Manchester Airport
Contract: Temporary Ongoing with the potential to go permanent for the right candidate
Hours: Full time hours and Part time hours potentially available.
Shifts: Various including earlies, mids and lates.
Typical shifts patterns include 4 days on 4 days off, 6 days on 3 days off and 4 days on 2 days off so total flexibility required with working shifts.
Weekends and Bank Holiday working required where shift pattern dictates
Salary: £8.10 per hour
This role with involve working airside at Manchester airport for an international ground handling organisation.
You will find yourself working both on the baggage belts and working on the Ramp loading and unloading aircraft.
- Good command/understanding of the English language required
- UK manual Driving Licence required (Max 6 points).
No Drink or Drug Driving Offences accepted!
- Receiving bags from check-in
- Sorting bags by flight
- Checking bag labels for errors and redirecting to correct flight
- Loading and unloading bags from the aircraft hold and baggage belt
- Transporting bags to the aircraft by way of electric tugs
- Driving various airside vehicles (once trained)
- Backing-up steps and ramp to the aircraft
- Continuous heavy lifting (up to 35kgs)
- Working indoor and out in all weather conditions
- Fast paced environment
- Training will be given which could lead you to obtaining valuable skills and permits such as your Airside Driving Permit
Applicants must be able to supply:
- FULL 5 year work/unemployment/education history and have lived in the UK for the last 5 years
- Valid Passport
- Proof of National Insurance
- Proof of address
- Full manual UK Driving Licence (Free of any Drink or Drug Offences)
- Must have no unspent criminal convictions or cautions
Due to the number of applications we receive, it’s not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants.
Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
"Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office.
Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!"
Line Up Aviation is a recruitment agency.
More Jobs from Line Up Aviation
- Ticket Desk Agent - Heathrow Airport
- Passenger Service Agent Heathrow Airport
- Ramp Agent / Driver Loader
- Passenger Service Agent - Gatwick Airport
- Experienced Turnaround Coordinators Required at LGW
- PRM ASSISTANT - HEATHROW AIRPORT
- Charter Broker
- Charter Broker
- Sales Executive
- Sales Administrator
- Baggage Handler/Ramp Agent - Gatwick Airport
- Commercial Marketing & Communications Lead
- Aircraft Pushback Driver
- Baggage Handler/Ramp Agent - Birmingham Airport
- Check In Agent/Passenger Service Agent - Birmingham Airport
- Airside Operations Assistant
- Aircraft Cleaner
- Ramp Agent/Baggage Handler
- GENERAL AIRSIDE OPERATIONS ASSISTANT - HEATHROW
- Check-in Agent/Passenger Service Agent