Manufacturing Tooling Engineer
Position: Manufacturing Tooling Engineer
Industry: Engineering/ Manufacturing Industry
Hours: Full time
Salary: £45,000+ per annum + Benefits
Working closely with our client a leading manufacturer in the Birmingham area.
As a result of our clients continued success and growth we are currently looking to recruit an experienced Manufacturing Tooling Engineer, this role will support production and manufacturing functions in plant engineering, process, quality and throughput development.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Manufacturing Tooling Engineer to support the engineering department with the development of new and existing components.
Our client is a world class manufacturer based in the Birmingham area.
In return for your services they are offering a salary of £45,000+ per annum plus a benefits package and progressive career development.
As a Manufacturing Tooling Engineer you will have the following responsibilities:
- Successfully manage NPI projects to deliver new tooling and models on time and within budget.
This will include holding regular project meetings maintaining minutes and actions
- Improve existing manufacturing processes to achieve measured productivity improvements
- Provide technical & engineering support for all aspects of the manufacturing process.
- Ensure engineering and quality requirements for products are fully understood and met
- Thorough analysis of process / tooling design and definition.
Assist with tool design, manufacture, repair and purchase.
- Create / maintain all documentation associated with the manufacture of components including route cards, BOMS and technical documents.
- Create/Implement problem resolution and development plans to address longstanding production issues
- Support Quality in the closure of QNs and NCRs
- Produce estimates, technical and manufacturing proposals to support bids
- Undertake special projects as requested
- Implementation of capital investment projects
- Develop, implement & Monitor “Best Practice” lean manufacturing processes to achieve Business goals.
- Provide leadership and manage change to drive through improvements
- Experience in the design and manufacture of small forging tools would be advantageous
- Experience of working with Tooling for hydraulic presses advantageous
- Produce detailed documentation, set up packs, SOP's etc.
- Liaise with other departments to ensure all aspects of engineering projects are completed on time
- Produce 'Critical Part Plans' in line with customer requirements
- Support production with daily problem solving ensuring permanent solutions are put in place
The Ideal Candidate:
- Knowledge of small forging tool design, manufacture, maintenance and repair
- Solid understanding of materials behaviour
- Able to interpret and apply engineering, quality and H & S standards
- Strong understanding of engineering drawings
- Knowledge of aerospace procedures and documentation including the creation of FAIRs, production permits/concessions, PFMEA's, etc.
- Demonstrates a pragmatic approach to problem solving.
- Self-motivated, organised with excellent time management skills
- Engineering/manufacturing focused with a commercial awareness.
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Good understanding of production engineering and process engineering.
- Fully conversant with modern manufacturing techniques
- You will be required to implement methods that deliver robust manufacturing solutions for precision components made from a variety of materials
- Understanding where process requirements such as Heat treatment and coatings are carried out to customer specifications is essential
- You must have strong project management skills with the ability to deliver projects on time and within budget.
- You will have experience of working with Critical Parts, complying with specific customer requirements and specifications.
- The ability to implement Lean techniques is essential
- HNC qualification or equivalent or other closely related areas
- Technical Apprenticeship.
- Capable of performing well under pressure.
- AutoCAD 2D/3D
- Good people skills.
- Positive attitude.
- You must be dynamic and enthusiastic
To apply for the position please forward your CV for the attention of Tracie Norton or contact me for a confidential chat on 01709 919393
This position is being advertised by E3 Recruitment who operate as an employment business
- Start: immediate
- Duration: Fulltime
- Rate: £42000.00 - £45000.00 per annum + Excellent Benefits
- Location: Birmingham, England
- Type: Permanent
- Industry: Aerospace
- Recruiter: E3 Recruitment
- Tel: 01484645269 07807340744
- Fax: 01484 500385
- Email: to view click here
- Posted: 2017-01-06 14:56:34 -
- View all Jobs from E3 Recruitment
More Jobs from E3 Recruitment
- CNC setter operator
- Maintenance Manager
- Maintenance Electrician - Heavy Industry
- Multi-skilled Maintenance Engineer - Toolroom
- Heavy Industry Furnace Technician
- Maintenance Fitter - Nights
- Maintenance Electrician - Days
- Hirework Sales Manager
- Auto Electrician
- Fabricator / Welder
- Fabricator / Welder
- CNC Machinist
- Mechanical Engineering Surveyor
- Multi-skilled Maintenance Engineer - Automotive
- Mechanical Fitter
- Technical Sales Specialist (CNC)
- Vehicle Fitter
- Foundry Operative
- Production Shift Manager