Business Development Manager
Business Development Manager: A hands-on Business Development Manager or Sales Manager is required to lead a small sales team, fostering a collaborative culture of sales excellence that facilitates cross brand, multi-platform sales.
Join a progressive, independent media group, trusted by thousands of business professionals to deliver high quality insight for better business decision making.
The Company operates a diverse and compelling portfolio of digital platforms, exhibitions, events and publications for the utilities, sustainability and visual communications sectors.
The Business Development Manager will be expected to meet and exceed personal and team targets by applying a solution led and consultative sales approach that results in high value deals.
The central objectives of the role are to continuously grow the profitability of the business and manage, develop, motivate and mentor the sales staff.
- Achieve team and personal sales targets, developing and managing a growing number of personal, high-spending clients (‘strategic partners')
- Drive sales growth
- Create a culture of sales excellence
- Assist the Key Account Manager to grow key accounts with a consultative sales approach
- Acquire new clients and retain and grow existing clients
- Retain motivated and continuously developing staff
- Drive the implementation of Salesforce to make the sales process efficient and effective
- Assist in the budgeting and business planning of the portfolio
- Work collaboratively with the Sales Director, Key Account Manager, Content Director, Portfolio Director Water & Sustainability, Head of Conferences, and Chief Executive to achieve the growth, revenue and operating targets of the brands
- Devise a sales strategy to achieve the above
- Achieve personal sales targets and develop high-value commercial client partners (‘strategic partners'), working closely with the Content Director where necessary
Skills and Experience:
- Previous experience of managing a small sales team
- Knowledge of the conference/media sales market place
- Proven experience of building business relationships in a commercial environment
This is an exciting opportunity to join a thriving, growing and fast-paced media business in a truly customer focused role.
With a highly competitive package, including company car allowance and uncapped commission on offer, apply now for further details!
More Jobs from MaxAd
- Business Development Manager (South West)
- Business Support Manager- Maternity Cover
- Business Support Manager
- Payroll Assistant
- Legal Counsel
- Customer Service Advisors
- Travel Sales Consultants
- Sales Agents (Travel)
- Audit Senior
- CRM Implementation Consultant
- Finance Manager (Part Time)
- Hand Finisher (Natural Stone)
- Customer Insight Analyst
- Office Administrator
- Project Planner
- Payroll Administrator
- UX Manager
- Finance Director
- Industrial Cleaning Supervisors (Southend)