Hospital Service Technician- FT (Minneapolis, MN)
The Hospital Service Technician is responsible for equipment management tasks in the hospital, including: delivering equipment, accessories and disposables to patient rooms; delivering equipment to standby locations; picking up soiled equipment; cleaning and processing equipment; conducting equipment tracking rounds throughout the patient rooms; and recording each activity by scanning equipment as it is completed.
Knowledge and Physical Requirements
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Prior work experience in hospital setting or customer service preferred.
- Basic computer skills.
- Willing to work flexible hours, including evenings, weekends and holidays, as well as emergency off-hours as required.
- Able to lift and/or push 75 pounds.
- Able to stand and walk for long periods of time.
Behavioral Skills (How the jobholders must conduct themselves with other people.)
- Possesses quality orientation with a “get it right the first time” attitude.
- Complies with patient privacy laws in all matters.
- Maintains and projects confidence, enthusiasm and a professional image.
- Flexible, coachable.
- Demonstrates strong communication skills (listening, writing and speaking).
- Demonstrates team orientation and shows respect for others.
- Proactive and self motivated.
- Organized; prioritizes to meet deadlines.
- Operates with a proactive approach towards safety, health and quality in compliance with all company, governmental and customer policies and regulations.
- Maintains a clean and safe work environment.
- Customer-focused; willing to go above and beyond.
Practical Skills (Tasks that the job holder must be able to do and demonstrate.)
- Able to dialogue with clinical staff on the topics of equipment features, functionality, etc.
- Understands and uses effective conflict resolution skills, e.g., identifies and resolves service concerns, discrepancies and disagreements.
- Ensures prompt and courteous service is delivered to all customers in person and in all communications.
- Takes customer equipment requests and fills orders within established time line.
- Delivers equipment to patient rooms (fill 100% of customer orders) or standby locations in patient-ready condition with appropriate software, configuration, accessories and disposables.
Verifies standby locations on a daily basis.
- Picks up, cleans and processes all soiled equipment, preparing it for “patient ready” use following all UHS and hospital protocols.
- Conducts equipment tracking rounds using handheld scanners to capture equipment activities.
- Runs reports as required by supervisor and monitors equipment levels.
- Records all non-functional equipment that has been reported by customer.
- Completes safety inspections/preventative maintenance on equipment (when applicable).
- Documents all equipment incidents in occurrence with both UHS and customer policies.
- Provides all customer feedback to UHS supervisor in a timely manner.
- Performs other assigned duties.
- Proficient in the UHS systems and Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel).
- Serves as part of training team for other members in Division/Region.
- Serves as a peer advisor to employees.
Orients, trains and assigns and checks other employees' work, as appropriate.
- Certified to complete safety inspections on core equipment within the account.
- Possesses strong customer interfacing skills based on relationships established within accounts.
- Serves as subject matter expert for key projects in account; e.g., quality indicators, shift lead responsibility.
- Demonstrated competency verification on core equipment inspections.
- Considered a subject matter expert with Asset360 policies and procedures.
- Used as a resource to effectively address and resolve all customer issues.
- Demonstrated competency verification on all equipment inspections and preventative maintenance.
Apply for this ad Online!
More Jobs from Universal Hospital Services
- Senior Customer Service Technician - Oakland, CA
- Hospital Operations Manager, Minneapolis, MN
- Sr. Biomedical Technician, Nashville, TN
- Laser Technician - Nashville, TN
- Account Manager - Medical Sales - San Bernardino, CA
- Dispatch Service Representative- Minneapolis
- Vendor Management Contracts Admin- MInneapolis
- Surgical Laser Technician , Denver CO
- Surgical Laser Technician, Denver CO
- Medical Delivery Driver/Oklahoma City, OK
- Hospital Service Technician - PT week nights/Tulsa
- Hospital Service Technician - Huntsville, TX
- Biomedical Equipment Repair Tech, Ft Lauderdale
- Technical Services Supervisor - Kansas City, KS
- Customer Service Coordinator - Kansas City, KS
- Biomedical Technician / Houston
- Medical Delivery Driver - Houston
- Hospital Service Technician F/T - St Louis, MO
- Operations Area Supervisor- UT/ ID
- Field Service Technician/Medical - Tuscon