Technical Services Supervisor - Kansas City, KS
Job Purpose and Requirements
The primary role of a Technical Services Supervisor is the maintenance of clinical equipment through the effective use of the UHS Program.
Responsibilities include: equipment repair, equipment calibration, preventive maintenance, supervising and directing team personnel, planning and organizing work load, creating and maintaining open lines of communication, customer satisfaction and responsiveness, financial resourcefulness and personal and team development.
, Responsible for Resident operational requirements which include the daily assignment of tasks pertaining to equipment repair and support.
Develop, monitor, and control budgets to assure the most cost-effective and efficient operation.
, Provide supervision for of other UHS Biomed personnel.
This includes employee motivation, hiring, discharge, discipline, promotion, performance evaluation, and salary adjustments.
, Provide technical training to other UHS employees in areas such as: equipment operation and checkout, repairs, preventative maintenance, quality assurance practices, procedures, and documentation.
, Assist in the evaluation of new equipment as required and make recommendations pertaining to its electrical and functional conformance to UHS standards.
, Evaluates equipment problems and implements appropriate repairs with minimum supervision, maintaining effective customer relations and customer protocol at all times.
, Participates in hazard identification and medical device reporting procedures to help ensure that the patient care environment is safe.
, Instructs customer personnel on safe equipment operation when necessary.
, Performs preventive maintenance and calibration on medical equipment.
, Maintains adequate files and parts inventory for assignments.
, Achieves productivity, customer satisfaction and other established performance measures.
, Spends a minimum of 50% of time performing supervisory work and the remaining balance of time on technical related work in a Resident Office.
, Participate, where appropriate in on-call rotation.
, Perform other tasks as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other Characteristics:
, Working knowledge of anatomy and physiology and how it relates to the diagnostic, therapeutic, and monitoring characteristics of clinical equipment.
, Theoretical and practical knowledge of electronic and mechanical technology, as well as familiarity with reading circuit diagrams and mechanical schematics.
, Familiarity with pertinent regulatory agencies and the policies, codes, standards, and regulations that applies to the clinical equipment in their area.
, Familiarity with the setup and application of all test equipment (electrical safety analyzer, digital multi-meter, patient simulator etc.).
, Ability to identify skill development areas and takes the initiative to learn new processes and technologies.
, Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical literature, schematics and technical.
, Understanding of UHS Quality Indicators and works toward raising overall scores.
, Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
, Time management and organizational skills.
, Willingness to be flexible in work scheduling in order to meet customer needs.
, A two-year Associate degree in Electronics or Biomedical Equipment Technology or an equivalent technical program.
Bachelor's degree preferred.
, Three - five years' experience in the Biomedical Equipment field.
, Preferred Certification by the International Certification Commission as a Certified Biomedical Equipment Technician (CBET).
Apply for this ad Online!
More Jobs from Universal Hospital Services
- Medical Equipment Service and Delivery Driver, Minneapolis, MN
- Field Service Technician, Mason City, IA
- Hospital Service Technician, Huntington, WV (FT)
- Hospital Service Technician, Madison WI (P/T 2nd shift)
- Technical Services Supervisor, Minneapolis, MN
- District Operations Manager, Raleigh NC
- Hospital Service Technician - Madison, WI (FT/1st shift)
- Sr. Account Executive - Mobile, AL - Jackson, MS
- Account Executive, Michigan
- Corporate Recruiter
- Medical Service & Delivery Driver - Houston, TX
- Hospital Service Technician - PT Weekends Tulsa
- Hospital Service Technician FT - St Louis, MO
- Hospital Service Technician - Weekend/ St. Louis, MO
- Medical Equipment Delivery Driver Kansas City, KS (2nd shift)
- Hospital Service Technician - P/T - Minneapolis, MN
- Hospital Service Technician - PT/Nights/Weekends (St. Louis,MO)
- Biomedical Equipment Technician, Raleigh NC
- Biomedical Equipment Technician Syracuse NY
- Hospital Service Technician - P/T - St. Louis, MO