Support Worker - Â£7.50ph - Waking Night
SUPPORT WORKERS – WAKING NIGHTS
About the Role:
We are looking for Waking Night Support Workers to join our friendly team at Sunningdale at our service in Harrogate.
The service is easily commutable from Leeds, York, Ripon, and Wetherby
This role involves working waking night shifts in a service with 13 service users who do not display physically challenging behaviour, they remain quite settled throughout the night only needing emotional and psychological support as requested, being able to have someone there to talk to
You will need to be flexible as you are required to work night shifts and anti-social hours including bank holidays and weekends.
Benefits of being a CareTech employee:
We offer Permanent contracts 37.5 hrs per week.
Part Time contracts 16hrs, 22.5 or 30 hrs or become a Bank Staff.
We provide a full induction programme to Care Certificate Standards.
We provide FREE training to achieve qualification in Social Care.
Career progression path within the company.
Competitive rates of pay.
Employee Assistance Helpline.
Flexible Additional Holiday Purchase Scheme.
Retail discount vouchers.
We offer Apprenticeships to those with less experience looking to join the Care Sector.
Various shift patterns available to suit your lifestyle.
DBS check paid by Caretech prior to starting with us
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
To participate in the day-to-day implementation of individual support plans and activities within a challenging environment.
To maintain effective communication and liaison with service users, families and other whilst respecting appropriate confidentiality.
To support service users with the preparation of meals, laundry duties, cleaning and social events.
To maintain accurate notes and records as and when required.
To work as part of a team to provide high quality care.
The Successful Candidate for the role will have:
NVQ in Health and Social Care or be willing to work towards.
Experience in supporting adults with challenging behaviour, learning disabilities and/or mental health issues.
The ability to keep calm under pressure.
Confidence to work alone and as part of a team.
Excellent communication skills.
The passion to work with vulnerable Adults.
The desire and commitment to achieve high standards of safeguarding.
Driving licence would be beneficial
CareTech Community Services established in 1993 has 250 services with continuous growth with new developments/services.
CareTech Community Services is a national provider of support for people with complex and challenging behaviours associated with autism, learning disabilities, mental health illness and neurological conditions.
We support people to live as independently as possible within their own homes and also in residential care.
We are committed to providing the highest levels of care to our residents
To enable us to do this we need caring and dedicated professionals to deliver first class care.
All applicants will be subject to satisfactory references and all employees are checked against the Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS).
Some of our roles require male or female employees only, where this is indicated it is a genuine occupational requirement in accordance with the Equality Act 2010.
- Start: Immediately
- Rate: Â£7.50 - 7.50 per hour
- Location: Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England
- Type: Permanent
- Industry: Medical
- Recruiter: The Talent Hub
- Contact: Lauren Boyle
- Tel: 0161 872 0459
- Email: to view click here
- Reference: SUNNINGDALE -WNSW
- Posted: 2017-05-19 17:02:24 -
- View all Jobs from The Talent Hub
More Jobs from The Talent Hub
- CLINICAL NURSE SPECIALST - CHRONIC OEDEMA
- CLINICAL NURSE SPECIALST - CHRONIC OEDEMA
- Peripatetic Manager
- Statutory/Mandatory Trainer
- Support Worker - Waking Nights - Tameside - Â£8.10ph
- Healthcare Assistant - Waking Night
- Healthcare Assistant
- Health Care Assistant
- SENIOR STAFF NURSE (RMN) - Â£36,500 - FAREHAM, HAMPSHIRE
- Support Worker - Harrogate - Â£7.50 per hour
- Healthcare Assistant - Â£8.25-Â£9.50p/h FT/PT Drivers
- Support Worker - Waking Nights - Golborne- Â£7.75ph
- Support Worker - 2 on, 4 off, Â£7.80-Â£9.05
- Team Leader - Children's services - Â£10.10 per hour
- Head Teacher - Brand New Specialist School
- Trainee Manager - new development
- CLINICAL NURSE SPECIALST / ADVISOR - WOUNDCARE OR CHRONIC OEDEMA
- Psychologist / Psychotherapist - Â£38000-Â£42000 - Hereford
- Support Worker / Care Assistant - Â£8.45-Â£12.67 - FT / PT Work