Freelance Online Journalist
We are looking for passionate online journalists to be in charge of spreading the amazing, compelling and disruptive story of Blasting News.
The story of journalism by the people, for the people!
Blasting News UK, the world’s largest and fastest growing social news magazine with more than 100 million unique users per month and ranked 120th most visited website in the world, according to Alexa ranking.
- Report news and great stories.
- Publish high-quality news and stories about the topics covered by Blasting News including Breaking News, Business/Finance, Sport, Showbiz & TV, Style, Entertainment and Tech.
- Use a variety of formats, such as written articles, videos, photos and audio.
- Share and promote the news on social media platforms and through social networks (such as Facebook, Twitter, Google +, Youtube) to increase the number of the readers.
Competencies and Experience
- Significant experience in creating written contents and video
- Extremely passionate about innovative online media paradigms, social journalism and democracy in the information system.
- Strong knowledge of publishing content on the web.
- Strong knowledge in video making.
- Ability to verify sources and fact-check articles.
- SEO skills.
- A real interest in social media marketing.
- Written content and videos are commissioned by the editorial staff on a daily basis.
- Possibility to become part of the senior editorial team of Blasting News to check the news of all the contributors and to create the openings for the home page.
- Job Location: Anywhere.
The writer is not required to be in an office.
- Working hours: Flexible.
The Compensation may vary according to a number of factors:
- The number of written articles, with the success being determined by the number of readers of the article (the more people read the content, the more money the writer can earn).
- Subject and category.
- The source of the readers (with social network readers being the most valuable).