Meetings and Events Agent
Meetings & Events Agent
Competitive Salary & Benefits
Crowne Plaza Plymouth, Armada Way, Plymouth, Devon, PL1 2HJ
The Crowne Plaza Plymouth has recently completed an extensive multi million pound refurbishment, and joined the Crowne Plaza family in May 2017.
The hotel is located in the city centre on Plymouth's historic Hoe, with panoramic views across Plymouth Sound.
The works carried out transformed our former restaurant into the new Marco Pierre White Steakhouse Bar & Grill, the area's leading restaurant.
Our 211 newly refurbished bedrooms, the contemporary Drakes Restaurant & Bar, our Club Moativation Health and Fitness Club combined with some of the largest banqueting suites in the south west makes us ideal for progressing your career or joining the industry for the first time.
In this role you will be working for Valor Hospitality Europe which is part of a leading US hotel management company with over 17 properties in the UK operating a number of recognised worldwide brands and exciting expansion plans to add more hotels in the UK and Europe.
The Meetings & Events Agent role involves a range of duties, including: taking enquiries and bookings by telephone and online, processing, amending and updating so that upon arrival the conference and event function requirements are accurate and all arrangements are made to the maximum satisfaction of our guests.
You will carry out showrounds, take advance deposits and deal with our varied and exciting events which may include conferences, meetings, exhibitions, weddings, private dining and party night bookings.
Attention to detail is paramount so that we gain a thorough knowledge of our bookers needs.
Following up enquiries, you will convert into sales ensuring maximum occupancy and budgeted targets are achieved on every occasion.
Proactively selling you will identify opportunities for upselling on every booking.
Key Personal Attributes
To join the Valor team we need individuals who are caring and take pride in all that they do.
Who are personable, reliable, inspirational, driven and enthusiastic by nature.
Key Performance Behavioural Indicators
The key performance behavioural requirements of the Meetings & Events Agent include:
* Maximising sales opportunities through upselling, cross-selling and achieving add-on sales.
* Analysing why customers behave as they do and adapts accordingly.
* Promoting effective relationships with customers and internal departments.
* Acquiring skills and knowledge relating to the job role.
* Looking for sales opportunities within the thinking and planning process
* Demonstrating a systematic approach to organisation and administration.
* Providing clear and timely information to customers and the sales department.
* Ensuring promises are kept by following through on requests
The successful applicant must have previous experience in hospitality working in a similar role in hotel or conference related environment with proven record of displaying attention to detail and demonstrating a high level of customer service.
Working in an administration/reception background you will be computer literate and able to work flexible hours on any day of the week.
In return we offer a very competitive salary and excellent benefits package including the opportunity to achieve National Apprenticeship Standards/SVQ, the use of hotel leisure facilities, uniform and meals on duty.
Brief Hotel Description:
* Valor Hospitality Europe will establish itself as a respected, successful and dynamic management company, known for having highly engaged people, delivering great levels of hospitality with commercial expertise second to none.
* Please visit http://www.valorhospitalityeuropejobs.com to learn more about our existing hotels, other exciting job opportunities and our company.
Apply now for the Meetings & Events Agent position and receive a free Customer Service development profile worth £25.
More Jobs from Valor Hospitality Europe Ltd
- Night Auditor
- Assistant Night Manager
- HR Manager - Dual Site (Fixed Term)
- Accounts Assistant
- Breakfast/ Commis Chef
- Kitchen Porter
- Maintenance Manager
- Banquet Waiter/Waitress
- Bar Person
- Housekeeping Supervisor
- Conference and Events Assistant
- Food and Beverage Assistant
- Breakfast Waiter/ress
- Room Attendant
- Commis Chef
- Kitchen Porter
- Restaurant Manager
- F&B Assistant
- Concierge / Guest Services Assistant