LAN Network Engineer
I am currently recruiting for a LAN Network Engineer to work in Chester on an initial 3 month contract.
The support engineers are foremost problem-solvers passionate about networking, and I seek talented, enthusiastic and tech-savvy individuals to working in my clients operations team to deliver a professional service across their Cisco estate, monitoring and maintaining switches and routers over 300 sites across Cheshire and some 200 schools throughout, standardising configuration using Cisco and industry best practice for zero touch deployment using APIC-EM and Cisco Prime Infrastructure.
As a Network Engineer, you will be providing quality technical support for my clients partners.
You will diagnose problems and troubleshoot the entire estate, including their wireless access points, security appliances, and switches.
Characteristics of success in this role include previous experience in supporting and testing LANs, WANs, VLANs, and DHCP servers; experience installing and troubleshooting WiFi networks; experience with Cisco Prime Infrastructure and having the ability to multi-task and work under pressure.
I am looking for people who take pride in doing excellent work, and can both teach and learn from those around them.
* Effectively communicate with third parties such as partners and customers regarding technical issues and customer service inquiries, both orally and in writing.
* On site manual replacement of hardware and recovery of redundant hardware.
* Developing configuration templates and deployment procedures.
* Deployment of configurations.
* Document site information, installation packs.
* Working to time critical deadlines
* Diagnose and troubleshoot wireless, security, switching, and other various network-related issues reported by customers and partners.
* Own each customer case from initial creation to resolution.
* Collaborate with other support team members to fix network outages, misconfigurations, and complex networking issues on customers' devices.
* Read and analyse packet captures using Wireshark.
* Work with engineering and management to diagnose and resolve critical, escalated issues.
* Use acquired knowledge to suggest, edit, and write in-depth Knowledge Base articles.
* Ability to create configuration templates based on Cisco best practices.
* Alternate rolls with 2nd/3rd line support engineers as required.
* Fundamental understanding of and hands-on experience with Cisco network technologies including firewalls, routing/switching, VLANs, and 802.11a/b/g/n/ac wireless.
* Thorough comprehension of fundamental networking protocols including TCP, STP, ARP, Ethernet, etc.
* Experience supporting or testing LANs, VLANs, WLANs, VPNs, NAT devices and DHCP servers.
* Outstanding English language written and verbal communication skills and comprehension.
* Ability to clearly and concisely articulate matters to third parties.
* Outstanding customer service skills.
* Excellent account management, follow-through, and attention to detail.
* Experience in computer networking related problem solving, critical thinking, and troubleshooting.
* Ability to multitask and work under pressure.
* Ideally hold networking certifications a plus: CCNA, CCNP CWNA, etc.
If you are interested in this role, please contact Andy at Service Care Solutions on 01772 208958 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
More Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Homes Energy Advisor - Horsham
- Gardener (Cemetery Worker)
- Occupational Therapist
- Qualified Social Worker
- 2nd line Support Analyst
- Healthcare Assistant
- HGV Driver
- Care Assistant
- Qualified Social Worker
- Debt Recovery Officer
- Customer Service Advisor
- Refuse Loader
- Childrens Social Worker
- LiveSmart Manager - South Shields
- LiveSmart Manager - Manchester
- Support Co-ordinator - March, Cambridgeshire
- HR Administrator