Depot Supervisor - Holt, Norfolk - £24,000 - £26,000 – Full Time, Permanent.
Our Client is looking for a Supervisor, to join our team based in Holt, Norfolk.
They are a family run firm which was started in 1975.
The company has two depots, one in North Walsham and one in Holt, and an outstation at Fakenham.
Head Office is located at the Holt Depot.
The company runs a fleet of 55 buses and 32 coaches which operate throughout the whole of North Norfolk and provide local services, private hire and coach holidays and excursions as well as home to school transport.
They travel all over the United Kingdom and Europe taking people anywhere they want to go.
Purpose of the Depot Supervisor
Responsible for the performance of our transport services and our employees ensuring high standards of driving, customer care, health and safety and passenger satisfaction at all times.
Key responsibilities of the Depot Supervisor
Manage, measure, and monitor employees to ensure;
- Wherever possible our services operate punctually and operate to the highest standard.
- Ensure duty rosta’s are up to date and fill any shortages.
- Oversee daily operational run outs / end of day procedures.
- Staff support - holiday booking and absence recording.
- Monitoring of tracking system and investigating operations reliability and complaints from same.
- The collation of advance roadworks and where appropriate any diversions.
- Checking timesheets for accuracy and approving same for payment.
- Phone answering, timetable information, taking complaints.
- Complaint investigation, logging and reporting.
- Keep working areas clean, tidy and safe.
Enforcement of Health and Safety procedures.
- Yard supervision oversee cleanliness of vehicle/ rest areas / facilities.
- Any other administrative task required for the benefit of the department.
- Ensure vehicles are made available as required for PMI inspections and MOT’s.
- Be prepared to drive whenever required.
- Maintain the Company notice Board.
- On Road operational inspection and performance monitoring.
- Revenue inspection – customer liaison at stop or on bus.
Reinforce the Health and Safety culture by ensuring company practices and policies are being followed and adhered to.
Skills required for Depot Supervisor
- Good knowledge of the bus and coach industry.
- Able to recruit and induct staff ensuring they have a professional introduction to the company and its passengers.
- Ability to operate in a changing and evolving environment and enjoy the challenge.
- Possess interpersonal skills and ability to communicate at all levels in a professional manner being able to challenge and be challenged.
- Have an organised approach to work and time management.
- Able to apply a practical approach and solutions to Health & Safety.
- Be able to self-manage and be self-motivated, prioritising work and have a desire to solve problems and eliminate waste.
- Be comfortable in dealing with all staff to motivate and direct them to assist you in improving the operation.
- Work closely with and report to the General Manager and the Fleet Engineer.
- Start: ASAP
- Duration: Full Time Permanent
- Rate: Â£24k - 26k per year
- Location: Holt, Norfolk, England
- Type: Permanent
- Industry: Management
- Recruiter: i4 Recruitment
- Contact: I4 Jobs
- Tel: 08452260677
- Email: to view click here
- Reference: i4J-SCO-4433
- Posted: 2017-12-21 10:02:33 -
- View all Jobs from i4 Recruitment
More Jobs from i4 Recruitment
- SEO & PPC Executive
- Design Engineer
- LGV Mechanic Technician Fitter
- HGV Mechanic Technician Fitter
- HR Coordinator
- Service Desk Analyst - Dutch
- Junior/Graduate Front End Developer
- Health and Wellbeing Practitioner
- CNC Setter/Operator/Programmer
- Quality Engineer
- Systems Technician / Technical Support
- Employment Support Officer
- Magazine & Media Sales Executive
- C# Developer / Back-end Engineer
- Back-end Engineer / Java Developer
- Junior Marketing Assistant
- Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer
- Recovery Worker
- Sales Executive
- Sales & Marketing Undergraduate Placement