Move On Officer
Move-On Officer, Hackney
A local authority in Hackney are looking for a Move-On officer to join their team in delivering a flagship project intended to create new pathways in to settled housing for homeless applicants on their housing register.
Your main responsibility in this role will be to work with applicants in temporary accommodation on our homeless waiting list, to establish their most likely route to re-housing in settled accommodation and then work with them to achieve that transition, supporting and empowering applicants where possible, but enforcing decisions and actions where necessary.
Being a new project, there are many hurdles and challenges to overcome and we are looking for a driven, target orientated officer to join our exceptional team to deliver this flagship project across the coming months.
The individual needs to be able to demonstrate a good knowledge of current Housing Options practice in the public sector and have some knowledge of homelessness legislation.
Primarily however, the authority are looking for an officer with a genuine ‘can do' attitude with a track record of delivering against managing multiple demands, whilst delivering exceptional customer service.
In addition the officer will need to be able to adapt quickly to regularly changing working practice whilst the project both moves forward and develops at the same time.
Demonstrable knowledge of sales, coaching and influence techniques are a plus.
The role is predominantly field based and will involve travel locally and also to various parts of the country (reimbursed).
There will also be some working at unsocial hours and possibly overnight stays where it makes business sense.
This is an initial 7-month contract with a great chance of being extended; the role is full time working 36 hours between 9-5, Monday to Friday.
Why work with Service Care Solutions?
- A specialist, dedicated Social Housing consultant offering single point of contact
- Excellent referral bonuses
- An exclusive range of Social Housing vacancies across the UK
- Provider of Housing staff to over 200 local authorities and 100 Housing Associations.
- Payroll service twice a week
- Ltd Co and PAYE payment options available
- Frequent notifications for upcoming opportunities via text and email
- Loyalty schemes / bonuses
- DBS disclosures provided via fast track online services free of charge.
- £250 referral bonus if you refer a successful candidate and they complete a probationary period
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please send your CV directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also chat to Lee about the role on 01772 208 966 or via LinkedIn… https://www.linkedin.com/in/lee-mcmillan-b3a735b0/
More Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Contracts Administrator
- Social Worker Child Protection Team
- Social Worker Assessment And Intervention
- Employment Solicitor
- Childcare Solicitor
- Cook DBS
- Healthcare Assistant
- Community Nurse
- Care Assistant
- Planning Officer
- Portfolio Manager - Somerset
- Portfolio Manager - Somerset
- Housing Solutions Officer
- Help To Buy Assistant
- Lettings Coordinator
- Housing Officer, Rugby