Housing Enforcement Officer
Housing Enforcement Officer / Environmental Health Officer, Southend-on-Sea
A local authority in Essex are require a Private Sector Housing Enforcement Officer to undertake the role and full range of duties of a professionally qualified Environmental Health Officer and ensure that their private sector homes in the Southend area, are safe, secure and healthy for their residents and that accommodation is to a decent standard by providing assistance and enforcing sanctions.
In this position you will have the following responsibilities:
- Undertake inspections, surveys and other investigations of residential properties in the private sector under housing and related legislation, as directed.
(This may include, among other duties, property inspections for the purposes of identifying statutory overcrowding and disrepair and work with respect to empty homes, houses in multiple occupation and energy efficiency).
- Act as an ‘Authorised Officer' of the Council in accordance with the provisions of the Council's Constitution and Standing Orders
- Undertake investigations and enquiries; producing reports, work schedules and correspondence as are required, both on a routine basis and when specially requested by a Senior Officer.
- Represent the Council at Tribunals, as necessary and attend court in relation to prosecutions, as necessary.
- Maintain records of all duties undertaken, in such form as may be required.
- Work proactively with landlords, managing agents and accrediting bodies to improve awareness of housing standards and minimum standards.
- Represent the Council in respect of the job holder's day to day involvement with the public or representatives of outside bodies, as required.
To be successful within this role, it is essential that you have experience in general enforcement in the private rented sector including pest control, nuisance and drainage as well as the housing acts.
You will also need to be fully trained in use of HHSRS and be able to inspect and enforce in HMOS.
Furthermore, you must be able to inspect and enforce in property licensing cases.
As this role is field based, it is essential that you are able to drive and have access to your own vehicle for work purposes.
Any experience in enforcement in cases of long-term empty properties is not essential, though will is highly desirable.
This is a three month contract, covering a period of long-term sickness.
The role is full time working 35 hours per week.
Why work with Service Care Solutions?
- A specialist, dedicated Social Housing consultant offering single point of contact
- Excellent referral bonuses
- An exclusive range of Social Housing vacancies across the UK
- Provider of Housing staff to over 200 local authorities and 100 Housing Associations.
- Payroll service twice a week
- Ltd Co and PAYE payment options available
- Frequent notifications for upcoming opportunities via text and email
- Loyalty schemes / bonuses
- DBS disclosures provided via fast track online services free of charge.
- £250 referral bonus if you refer a successful candidate and they complete a probationary period
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please send your CV directly to email@example.com.
You can also chat to Lee about the role on 01772 208 966 or via LinkedIn… https://www.linkedin.com/in/lee-mcmillan-b3a735b0/
- Start: 8/1/18
- Duration: 12 Weeks
- Rate: £28 - £30 per hour
- Location: Southend-On-Sea, England
- Type: Contract
- Industry: Property
- Recruiter: Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Tel: 01772555530
- Fax: 01772 471473
- Email: to view click here
- Posted: 2018-01-08 11:17:34 -
- View all Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
More Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Climbing Arborist
- Litter Picker
- Property Inspector
- Lifeline Officer - Leamington Spa
- Revenues Officer
- Healthcare Assistant
- Conservation and urban design officer
- Adult Social Worker
- Registered Mental Health Nurse
- Staff Nurse
- Support Worker
- Care Assistant
- Staff Nurse
- Qualified Social Worker - Child In Need- Medway - Kent
- Social Worker Hospital Team Colchester Essex
- Children Social Worker Children In Need
- Children Senior Social Worker Essex County Council Basildon
- Staff Nurse
- Retirement Living Assistant, Knowsley