Income Officer (Collections)
Income & Collection Officer, Walthamstow
A local authority in London are looking to hire an Income & Collection Officer to assist the Private Sector lettings team with account management, debt recovery and eviction of applicants via court proceedings
The main focus of this role is to ensure the highest possible level of rent collection for tenants in properties where the Council is acting as a managing agent for a private landlord.
You will also assist tenants in meeting their rental liabilities through income maximisation and other measures.
Other responsibilities will include:
- To provide a specialist rent collection service to customers in Assured Short-hold tenancies managed by the service on the landlord's behalf.
- To engage with all new tenants at sign-up or before to set out the arrangements for rent collection and the tenant's personal liability after any benefits have been credited
- To maintain comprehensive and accurate records of all rent accounts, ensuring the database is updated in real time
- To provide an income maximisation service ensuring all families receive as much in benefits and other income as they are entitled do based on their circumstances
- Where necessary take action to recover arrears through contact with tenants, making repayment agreements etc.
- Where necessary proceed towards eviction through issuing standard warning letters, home visits, telephone calls, etc.
giving instructions to the Legal team, referring former tenant cases for debt recovery or recommending write-off, etc
- Maintain full written records of action to reduce arrears, and update the service's database with all key transactions in real time
This role is working with Assured Short-hold Tenancies, it is essential that you have experience in dealing with this type of tenancy before applying.
You will also require an Enhanced DBS on the Update Service to apply, due to the nature of our customers and the fact there will be some loan working, visiting customers at their property.
This will be a full-time role, working 36 hours per week on an initial 6-month contract.
Why work with Service Care Solutions?
- A specialist, dedicated Social Housing consultant offering single point of contact
- Excellent referral bonuses
- An exclusive range of Social Housing vacancies across the UK
- Provider of Housing staff to over 200 local authorities and 100 Housing Associations.
- Payroll service twice a week
- Ltd Co and PAYE payment options available
- Frequent notifications for upcoming opportunities via text and email
- Loyalty schemes / bonuses
- DBS disclosures provided via fast track online services free of charge.
- £250 referral bonus if you refer a successful candidate and they complete a probationary period
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please send your CV directly to email@example.com.
You can also chat to Lee about the role on 01772 208 966 or via LinkedIn… https://www.linkedin.com/in/lee-mcmillan-b3a735b0/
More Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Climbing Arborist
- Litter Picker
- Property Inspector
- Lifeline Officer - Leamington Spa
- Revenues Officer
- Healthcare Assistant
- Conservation and urban design officer
- Adult Social Worker
- Registered Mental Health Nurse
- Staff Nurse
- Support Worker
- Care Assistant
- Staff Nurse
- Qualified Social Worker - Child In Need- Medway - Kent
- Social Worker Hospital Team Colchester Essex
- Children Social Worker Children In Need
- Children Senior Social Worker Essex County Council Basildon
- Staff Nurse
- Retirement Living Assistant, Knowsley