Homelessness Investigations Officer, Northampton
A local authority based in Northampton are seeking a Homelessness Investigations Officer to work as part of their team undertaking interviews of households who are homeless or threatened with homelessness within 28 days.
The main focus of this role will be taking written applications and making effective enquiries under section 184 of the Housing Act 1996 Part VII, and collating relevant information and evidence to support the section 184 decision reached in conclusion of the enquiries.
You will also have the following responsibilities:
- To work in accordance with the Housing Act 1996 Part VII and Homelessness Act 2002, whilst being mindful of the Codes of Guidance.
- To make a decision as to what duty, if any, is owed to the applicant by the Council, either in the long term or short term.
- Decisions made to include any duty owed under section 188 for the provision of temporary accommodation, section193 duty to secure long term accommodation, discharge of section 188 and section 193 duty in appropriate circumstances.
- To be responsible for ensuring accurate and appropriate record keeping including updating all relevant case files, whether in hard copy or electronically, whilst adhering to the Data Protection Act 1977.
- To work in accordance with the procedures of the service to ensure an equitable service is provided to all applicants.
- To be responsible for maintaining an up to date knowledge of case law and legislation for the purposes of making legally accurate enquiries / decisions.
- To assist in the overall reduction of B&B use and the cost of temporary accommodation provision by accurately determining / investigating an applicant's need for temporary accommodation.
- To have an understanding of the cost to the public purse and to work effectively to ensure the service achieves value for money.
- To liaise with a range of stakeholders, including landlords, mortgage providers, other statutory and voluntary organisations and internal departments within the Council to enable thorough and timely homelessness enquiries to be carried out.
- To provide support to the Housing Options and Advice Manager and both Senior Officers to build strong and effective partnerships with all stakeholders and other internal departments.
- Adherence to the Corporate Standards for example responding to all written and verbal requests, enquiries and complaints in a timely and professional manner.
Only applications with strong s184 writing skills experience will be considered for the role.
A solid understanding of the Housing Act 1996 is also essential.
Due to the nature of the role and the clients, you will also require a DBS for this role.
This will be an initial 3-month contract with a good chance of being extended.
Why work with Service Care Solutions?
- A specialist, dedicated Social Housing consultant offering single point of contact
- Excellent referral bonuses
- An exclusive range of Social Housing vacancies across the UK
- Provider of Housing staff to over 200 local authorities and 100 Housing Associations.
- Payroll service twice a week
- Ltd Co and PAYE payment options available
- Frequent notifications for upcoming opportunities via text and email
- Loyalty schemes / bonuses
- DBS disclosures provided via fast track online services free of charge.
- £250 referral bonus if you refer a successful candidate and they complete a probationary period
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please send your CV directly to email@example.com.
You can also chat to Lee about the role on 01772 208 966 or via LinkedIn… https://www.linkedin.com/in/lee-mcmillan-b3a735b0/
More Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Climbing Arborist
- Litter Picker
- Property Inspector
- Lifeline Officer - Leamington Spa
- Revenues Officer
- Healthcare Assistant
- Conservation and urban design officer
- Adult Social Worker
- Registered Mental Health Nurse
- Staff Nurse
- Support Worker
- Care Assistant
- Staff Nurse
- Qualified Social Worker - Child In Need- Medway - Kent
- Social Worker Hospital Team Colchester Essex
- Children Social Worker Children In Need
- Children Senior Social Worker Essex County Council Basildon
- Staff Nurse
- Retirement Living Assistant, Knowsley