Senior Housing Officer
Senior Housing Officer.
Maternity leave has given rise to an opportunity for a Senior Generic Housing Officer for a local authority in Coalville, to be responsible for the day to day management of 8 Housing Officers, in management of rent arrears, allocations, tenancy and estate management, as well as an element of ASB.
In this position you will be responsible for the following:
- Management of 4 Housing Officers, 2 Resident Involvement Officer, 1 Housing Assistant and 1 Admin Assistant
- Develop partnerships and links that lead to securing external funding for neighbourhood development.
- To improve resident involvement in the Housing service and participate in working groups.
- To maximise income through effective rent account monitoring and enforcement action.
- Make estate walkabouts a high profile activity that results in real improvements.
- To ensure compliance with the Tenancy Agreement in accordance with the most recent legislation and good practice.
- To ensure incidents of neighbour nuisance, anti-social behaviour and racial harassment are investigated and appropriate action taken in liaison with other agencies and in line with the Housing Department ASB policy and the Corporate ASB policy.
- To develop and deliver arrears preventative measures and ensure that rent arrears are minimised in line with targets and policy.
To provide regular rent collection reports for the Service Manager, noting trends and taking appropriate action to improve performance.
- Constantly review existing policies, procedures and priorities to make recommendations for change where necessary and appropriate.
- To help identify and ensure that adequate training and support is given to all staff engaged in any aspect of housing management to enable them to satisfactorily undertake their duties.
Be responsible for the induction of new staff.
- To meet regularly with staff to ensure that agreed policies, practices and procedures are being implemented and that performance indicators are being met through the setting and monitoring of individual targets.
- Develop effective working relationships in order to develop good quality customer care and enable hard to reach tenants to make contact with the housing service.
- Work with internal and external agencies in order to deliver clean and safe neighbourhoods.
- To ensure that effective budget management and that services are delivering value for money.
- To manage staff effectively and take part in recruitment, disciplinary action and setting of PRP targets.
To be considered for this role, you will require demonstrable experience of staff management and all the areas included within the Housing Officer role - rent arrears, allocations, tenancy, estate management and ASB.
You will also require an Enhanced DBS.
This vacancy is full time, working 36.25 hours per week between the hours of 8.45 and 17.00 - with potential overtime.
The role is on an initial 3-month contract but there is a good chance of this being extended.
Why work with Service Care Solutions?
- A specialist, dedicated Social Housing consultant offering single point of contact
- Excellent referral bonuses
- An exclusive range of Social Housing vacancies across the UK
- Provider of Housing staff to over 200 local authorities and 100 Housing Associations.
- Payroll service twice a week
- Ltd Co and PAYE payment options available
- Frequent notifications for upcoming opportunities via text and email
- Loyalty schemes / bonuses
- DBS disclosures provided via fast track online services free of charge.
- £250 referral bonus if you refer a successful candidate and they complete a probationary period
How to Apply:
To apply for this position, please send your CV directly to email@example.com.
You can also chat to Lee about the role on 01772 208 966 or via LinkedIn… https://www.linkedin.com/in/lee-mcmillan-b3a735b0/
More Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Climbing Arborist
- Litter Picker
- Property Inspector
- Lifeline Officer - Leamington Spa
- Revenues Officer
- Healthcare Assistant
- Conservation and urban design officer
- Adult Social Worker
- Registered Mental Health Nurse
- Staff Nurse
- Support Worker
- Care Assistant
- Staff Nurse
- Qualified Social Worker - Child In Need- Medway - Kent
- Social Worker Hospital Team Colchester Essex
- Children Social Worker Children In Need
- Children Senior Social Worker Essex County Council Basildon
- Staff Nurse
- Retirement Living Assistant, Knowsley