Inventory Team Leader
Pay - £23,859 PA (£11.47 ph), 40 Hours per week with an annual bonus
Monday To Friday Working pattern between the hours of 06.00 and 22.00.
Come and be a part of the market leading, award winning, manufacturer of frozen food.
We are a Living Wage Employer and offer fantastic rates of pay, with a competitive, employee benefits package.
In addition to the above, you will receive a comprehensive training program, 30 days annual leave rising to 33 days holiday entitlement, pension scheme, childcare vouchers, the ability to buy additional annual leave, retail discounts, free car parking, subsidised lunch, free tea/coffee and much more!
PURPOSE OF ROLE
Reporting to the Commercial Manager, you will be responsible for managing all Inventory control related activities for the business single stock holding location with a value of Circa £6m.
You will directly manage a team of 6 responsible for the execution and data analysis of inventory control measures to ensure the company maximises stock & system accuracy, facilitates operational efficiency whilst minimising the cost of stock holding.
The role carries responsibility for customer management, both internal and external, supplier management working with purchasing, goods inwards and dispatch to ensure necessary functions are carried out correctly.
Lead, direct and develop direct reports in order to ensure people are performance focussed and engaged so that the business plan can be achieved and individual’s potential maximised
- Develop the company’s inventory management strategy, analysing and reporting variance, investigating variances, rationalising inventory and maximising pick availability.
- Responsibility for adherence of the inventory team to budgeted productivity, human resource planning, quality standards, and all HR matters of the team.
- To protect the availability service level and promote efficient inventory practices in the warehouse.
- Manage the Controllers and operational team with regard counts required, 5 day cover, mixed & VP pallets to be processed and damages to be cleared.
- Reporting on chamber levels for current and available capacity and develop strategies to manage future requirements and minimise storage costs.
- Ensure that all stock control activities are well organised, measured and compliant with audit requirements.
- Manage, plan and execute in a timely and efficient manner all changes to the product range (incoming and delists) the impact this has on the storage, picking and replenishment operation.
Liaise with the business Range Managers to achieve this.
- Provide a key relationship with Brake our only customer for a £10m food service business unit.
Schedule deliveries for brakes & complete related stock movements, acting as a single point of contact for their logistic operation and ensuring we remain compliant with maintaining our service level obligations.
- Manage & control perpetual inventory stock counting/ inventory accuracy checks.
Investigate any stock variances and maintain accurate stock records.
- Empty storage location checks in store to find miss- located pallets of stock.
- Scheduling direct deliveries loads to maximise resources.
- Ensure incoming product is receipted properly and managed appropriately according to company procedure.
- Plan availability of variety packs and mixed packs.
- To manage release process and recall for all products.
- Arrange and monitor the timely despatch of samples for testing to allow stock to be released.
- To liaise with Customer Relations/Customer Service to check stock following complaints or queries.
- To manage the collection, processing and return to stock of damaged items.
- To manage the collection, receiving, processing and return to stock of returned items.
- Checking crane storage invoices for variances.
This is an outstanding opportunity for an ambitious person to join a thriving business as it enters an exciting period of growth.
To be considered for this exciting opportunity please click "Apply Now" and your CV will go directly to the hiring manager for consideration
More Jobs from Postify
- Buyer - Direct Materials
- National Account Manager
- Semi Skilled Powder Coater
- Health, Safety & Training Coordinator
- Lift Draughtsperson
- HR and Payroll Systems Administrator
- Sales Negotiator
- Cook / Kitchen Assistant
- Clinical Lead Children's Nurse
- Market Research Telephone Interviewers for January 2018
- Electro-Mechanical Precision Assembler
- Procurement / Buyer - Engineering
- Lettings Negotiator / Valuer
- Software Sales Account Manager
- Project Engineer (Manufacturing / Engineering)
- Manufacturing Engineer
- Lettings Central Support Negotiator
- Lettings Maintenance Assistant
- Incentive Research Marketing Internship (Paid 3 Months)
- Operations Director - Manufacturing