SolidWorks Mechanical packaging, enclosure and heat sink Designer, Colchester
The role will be to work with electronics, board layout, mechanical and thermal engineers on high performance microcontroller driven board development for both rugged and benign environments.
Hands on practical experience is essential as most design are completed by an individual engineer through all aspects of the product design and development in short timescales.
Typical products are high performance (aerospace, defence and telecommunications) PCB circuit boards where cooling and strengthening is critical.
You will design, prototype and test metal components used to act as heat sinks and stiffening frames, as well as other items, particularly test fixtures and jigs, to support our product development and production teams.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work in a fast paced varied and high technology environment.
The Essential Skills / Experience for this role is:
* To be a very practical, ?hands-on? person, comfortable using a variety of hand and power tools.
* You will be a good problem-solver, with the ability to reason independently and reach good engineering solutions.
* Industry experience of designing small or precision components, ideally for electronic product packaging or similar environments.
* Familiarity with SolidWorks.
The ideal candidate will also have;
* An appreciation of change control procedures, e.g.
* A good understanding of tolerances and their effects in real-world production.
* Some awareness of thermal management techniques, especially in electronic product design.
* Previous involvement in environmental testing, e.g.
shock, vibration or thermal tests.
* A background in product development for airborne or ground vehicle equipment.
- Start: ASAP
- Duration: Permanent
- Rate: 33000-55000 Per Annum
- Location: Reading, England
- Type: Permanent
- Industry: Aerospace
- Recruiter: Expert Employment
- Contact: Toby Isherwood
- Tel: 0845 4677 461
- Email: to view click here
- Reference: TB/1278
- Posted: 2018-01-11 17:52:43 -
- View all Jobs from Expert Employment
More Jobs from Expert Employment
- Applications Engineer - Web Developer, Bracknell
- Senior Software Engineer; Java, AngularJS / GO with RESTful
- 1st Class Graduate Software Developer, Abingdon
- Device Driver developer for Windows and Linux OS Environments, Reading
- Device Driver developer for Windows and Linux OS Environments to 45k.
- Mechanical Technician supporting Electronic and Thermal Engineers
- Digital Electronics hardware Design Engineer
- ARM Microprocessor Programmer; Embedded C & Firmware
- Principle Embedded Software Engineer, Newport
- Environmental Test Engineer : Computer Equipment, Colchester
- High Speed Digital Hardware Design Engineer
- SolidWorks Mechanical packaging, enclosure and heat sink Designer, Colchester
- Optical Instrument Design Engineer / Scientist - Sheffield
- Android Mobile App Developer, York to ?35,000
- C++ Parallel Programer (MPI, OpenMP, GPU, CUDA)
- Scientific Software Engineer
- Web Application Contract Developer
- User Experience (UX) Web Application Developer
- Modelling Analyst MSc or PhD Mathematics Graduate (top Russell Group Uni)
- Production Manager