VCATS Vehicle Test / Applications Engineer
Start something big today.
VCATs Test/Applications Engineer in Stockport
Bosch Automotive Service Solutions Ltd | Stockport
Reference code - ST108
Do you want beneficial technologies being shaped by your ideas? Whether in the areas of mobility solutions, consumer goods, industrial technology or energy and building technology - with us, you will have the chance to improve quality of life all across the globe.
Welcome to Bosch.
Success Stories don't just happen.
They are made.
As a VCATs Test Application Engineer, you will be responsibilities:
* Authoring End of Line Tests and Sequences executed at the EOL System of the Car Manufacturer.
* Prepare design specification documentation for automotive test and configuration strategies.
* Implement required test strategies (Depending on the work needed, working weekends may be required).
* Support integration validation and systems assurance functions.
* Test/Validate and Deploy of End of Line Diagnostic Equipment within the Car Manufacturer Sites.
* Prepare and participate in plant launches of test systems.
* Liaise with customer in requirement definition and problem resolutions.
* Provide periodic assistance to new project work definition phases.
* Assist in system integration and validation activities.
* Plan sub sections of a project, reporting status to project manager.
* Creation of validation and acceptance test plans/documents.
* Creation of customer 'user' documentation.
* Support day to day customer-facing activities, dealing directly with customer.
* Working onsite resolving issues on any aspect of a project with minimal or no assistance from other resources will be required in emergency situations.
* Ensure all work is performed to Quality Standards.
* Flexibility to travel is essential - Working on Car Manufacturer sites (UK and international)
The ideal VCATs Test Application Engineer:
* Service minded, positive, independent engineer who likes to travel up to 50% of his/her time to customer plant locations usually for short periods of 1 to 4 weeks.
* Degree qualifies in Electrical / Electronic Engineering or equivalent experience
* Both a good Team Player as having the ability to be a self-starter for problem solving.
* Good communication skills, able to communicate to different levels and groups within a manufacturing plant (maintenance, engineering, production, quality - engineers and team leaders).
As a VCATs Test Application Engineer, you will require the following skills:
* Experienced in Automotive Test Techniques.
* Understanding of vehicle diagnostic communications, terminology and SAE standards (e.g.
analyse CAN traces).
* Understanding of vehicle sub-systems (including electrical design).
* Must have a high degree of customer focus, urgency and thoroughness when dealing with raised issues and concerns.
* Knowledge of vehicle manufacturing processes and testing techniques (Sub Assembly, Rolling Road etc.).
* SQL Server/Databases Knowledge - Not essential but a bonus if worked with SQL Server previously.
* Competent in MS Word, Excel, Power Point.
* Knowledge of Microsoft Windows (XP, Win 7).
If you feel you have the skills and experience required to excel in the role of VCATs Test Application Engineer, we want to hear from you.
Please click APPLY below to register your interest.
The vacancy you have applied for is being advertised by CVWOW Ltd, the UK's leading, award winning recruitment specialist.
No terminology in this advert is intended to be deemed discriminatory.
We are happy to accept applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their age, gender, race, religion, disability, sexual orientation or marital status.
Full terms and conditions of the CVWOW business can be found on our website.
More Jobs from CV WOW
- Multi Drop Delivery Driver / Service Driver
- Digital Specialist / Vehicle Photographer
- Site Electrician
- Retail Store Manager
- Funding / Finance Manager : Apprentice Training
- Apprentice Trainer : Heavy Vehicles
- Administration Assistant : Apprentice Training
- Automotive Apprentice Trainer
- Customer Service Advisor
- Car Sales Executive : New and Used
- Logistics Coordinator
- Store Manager
- Maintenance Engineer - Shift
- Yard Manager
- Production / Warehouse Operative
- Technical Trainer
- Sales Administrator
- Retail / Catering Store Manager