INVESTMENT ANALYST - EUROPEAN SMALL CAP
Core-Asset Consulting's client, a specialist asset management business has a new opportunity available for a European Small Cap Portfolio Manager / Investment Analyst to join their Edinburgh based European team.
In this role you will be responsible for undertaking research into European small-cap companies within the defined European geographic region.
This will involve the appraisal of company management through attendance of meetings, finding new attractive stocks, and keeping the team up to date on results and investment decisions.
Our client encourages active debate and you will be expected to contribute to department and team investment discussions accordingly.
You will have at least 3-5 years of experience of investment analysis and will be naturally inquisitive and have the confidence and persistence to unearth useful stock ideas.
You will be independently minded and unafraid of presenting conclusions that might run contrary to accepted wisdom.
- 3-5 years of experience of investment analysis
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral
- Ability to thrive in a small, close-knit team
- An open-minded flexible approach, happy to participate actively in the team including discussion/debates
- A passion for equity investing
- CFA qualification
- Take decisions on stock research and portfolio construction
- Analysing stocks and potential investments within assigned geographic regions, generating new investment ideas
- Produce research reports on relevant companies
- Reviewing existing holdings, keeping the team up to date on results and developments
- Make buy and sell recommendations on selected stocks, liaising with the trading department on execution of purchases and sales of portfolio investments
- Attending company meetings to appraise management and question them about their progress and strategy
- Presenting results of reviews at investment meetings
- Support client relationships and business development activities as required
- Marketing clients both external and internal
- Regular travel to Amsterdam and other European countries for marketing purposes
- Competitive salary
- Discretionary bonus
- Generous pension scheme
Job reference: 9527
To apply for this vacancy applicants must be eligible to work in the UK in accordance with the Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006.
Core-Asset Consulting offers specialist recruitment services to asset management, accounting & finance, asset servicing, legal and the wider financial services sector in Scotland.
More Jobs from Core-Asset Consulting Ltd
- GERMAN SPEAKING CLIENT SERVICE MANAGER
- SALESFORCE BA
- SCRUM MASTER - AGILE COACH - EDINBURGH OR GLASGOW
- SENIOR INVESTMENT WRITER
- SENIOR INVESTMENT MANAGER
- SENIOR INVESTMENT MARKETING CONSULTANT
- PROPOSITION MANAGER
- DC-DB PENSION TEAM LEADER
- BUSINESS CONTINUITY ANALYST
- APPLICATIONS QUALITY ASSURANCE ANALYST
- TPA OVERSIGHT ANALYST
- PROJECTS - SOLICITOR
- SENIOR VALUATIONS ASSISTANT
- TAX OPERATIONS ASSOCIATE
- TAX OPERATIONS DIRECTOR
- SYSTEMS ANALYST - MARKIT EDM
- MARKETING CO–ORDINATOR
- INVESTMENT PROJECT MANAGER
- SENIOR TRUSTEE ADMINISTRATOR
- PLATFORM ADMINISTRATOR