ESG - CORPORATE GOVERNANCE ANALYST
Core-Asset Consulting's client, a UK leading investment management house has a brand new opportunity available for an Analyst to join their Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) desk in London or Edinburgh on a permanent basis.
The main purpose of the role is to help the business continue to implement their ESG strategy and to act as an ambassador in promoting these principles and procedures.
A key aspect of the role will be to support their ongoing ESG integration practices as well as supporting the client coverage organisation as a technical expert.
We are actively seeking applications from motivated individuals with applied experience working within the asset management industry to integrate ESG into the research and investment process.
You will be required to have strong analytical skills and extensive knowledge of the application of ESG topics coupled with a general understanding of portfolio management and construction process.
- Applied experience working within asset management to integrate ESG into research and investment processes
- Extensive knowledge of the application of ESG topics and a general understanding of portfolio management and construction process
- Excellent written communication, presenting, partnership and influencing skills
- Self-sufficient PC user willing to learn business systems utilized in the organization
- Bachelor's degree with CFA or equivalent advanced degree/certification preferred, statistical/mathematics advantageous
- Background in sustainability/ESG studies desirable
- Ideally experience in ESG integration into Equity and Fixed Income
- Knowledge of ESG tools and methodologies such as MSCI ESG, Sustainalytics, TruCost and Bloomberg highly desirable
- Background in corporate governance would be desirable
- Assist in the material ESG integration within the investment process through engagement with investment teams, becoming a key partner who is able to advise and guide the team in relation to ESG
- Seek opportunities to collaborate closely with company analysts to identify key Environmental, Social and Governance risks/opportunities and raise awareness of ESG issues in portfolio management teams
- Under the guidance of the Head of ESG, conduct ESG thematic research and create briefing papers to share across investment groups to foster a culture of collaboration, sharing ESG insights and best practice
- Contribute to developing an internal ESG handbook covering work on a blueprint for a sector defined ESG materiality matrix and identify key ESG engagement topics and questions to assist investment groups
- Responsible for developing and conducting quarterly portfolio screens on key ESG risk flags
- Client servicing and assisting in new business pitches, including but not limited to acting as the primary contact for ESG queries from RFP, DDQ, internal sales, and marketing
- Assist sales in preparation of material for sales pitches and client review meetings, over time there may be the opportunity to attend client meetings to represent the ESG team
- Strong partnership with Product Strategy and Development teams to inform the design of any potential ESG products.
- Competitive salary
- Discretionary bonus
- Generous pension scheme
- Private health care plan
Job reference: 10323
To apply for this vacancy applicants must be eligible to work in the UK in accordance with the Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006.
Core-Asset Consulting offers specialist recruitment services to asset management, accounting & finance, asset servicing, legal and the wider financial services sector in Scotland.
More Jobs from Core-Asset Consulting Ltd
- GERMAN SPEAKING CLIENT SERVICE MANAGER
- SALESFORCE BA
- SCRUM MASTER - AGILE COACH - EDINBURGH OR GLASGOW
- SENIOR INVESTMENT WRITER
- SENIOR INVESTMENT MANAGER
- SENIOR INVESTMENT MARKETING CONSULTANT
- PROPOSITION MANAGER
- DC-DB PENSION TEAM LEADER
- BUSINESS CONTINUITY ANALYST
- APPLICATIONS QUALITY ASSURANCE ANALYST
- TPA OVERSIGHT ANALYST
- PROJECTS - SOLICITOR
- SENIOR VALUATIONS ASSISTANT
- TAX OPERATIONS ASSOCIATE
- TAX OPERATIONS DIRECTOR
- SYSTEMS ANALYST - MARKIT EDM
- MARKETING CO–ORDINATOR
- INVESTMENT PROJECT MANAGER
- SENIOR TRUSTEE ADMINISTRATOR
- PLATFORM ADMINISTRATOR