Assistant Operations Manager
JS132 – Assistant Operations Manager
Salary: £38,000 - £41,000 + benefits
We are currently recruiting for an Assistant Operations Manger to join and established team for a key client in the Wantage area.
The purpose of the role is to provide operational and contractual support to the senior management team, throughout the lifecycle of our operations.
This is a development role with the intention to progress into the senior management team.
This opportunity would suit candidates who have experience of being in the military and offers the opportunity to secure a permanent role with a company that is looking to expand further in the coming years and they therefore encourage application from ex-service personnel, however all application will be considered.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist managers and senior engineers to ensure the efficient and successful completion of projects within the necessary timescale to meet the needs of the client.
- Drive productivity of teams on site.
- Costing and quoting various projects as required.
- Maintain accurate records of all values, costs, productivity and profitability.
- Participates in the selection and recruitment of staff, where required.
- Delivers toolbox talks and business updates to employees when required.
- Monitors performance and identifies training needs of relevant employees.
- Recommend improvements to working practices.
- Ensures that Company image and standards are maintained.
- Assist in the mobilisation stage of a service contract, where necessary.
- Liaise and work with relevant parties to ensure all work activity is planned, organised and carried out to the contract brief.
- Communicate in a committed manner, seeking the input of others.
- Provides technical expertise, where necessary.
- Liaise with clients to ensure the highest customer service standards are met or exceeded.
- Obtain feedback from customers on various aspects of our service including value, quality, safety and communications.
- Take responsibility for your own health and safety and adhere to all the Company health and safety procedures and policies.
- Ensure that method statements and risk assessments are prepared and compliant.
- Complete audits and/or survey and reports at operational depots and work sites as required, in the following areas;
- - Site Audits, Survey and Report Writing
- - Vehicle Audits
- - Employee and Sub-Contractor Audits
- - Plant Audits
- Promote and communicate standards/information to colleagues and team members.
- Identify and escalate any hazards, near misses in line with the Company’s reporting procedures.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Confident IT user, Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Ability to work on own initiative and prioritise workloads.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to work to a budget.
- Excellent time management skills.
- To work effectively in a team.
- See problems as challenges.
- Organisation and planning experience.
- Customer contact and liaison.
Salary: £38,000 - £41,000 + benefits
- Start: ASAP
- Rate: Â£38k - 41k per year + Benefits
- Location: Wantage, Oxfordshire, England
- Type: Permanent
- Industry: Construction
- Recruiter: First Military Recruitment
- Contact: James Smith
- Tel: 01285654566
- Email: to view click here
- Reference: JS132
- Posted: 2018-01-17 11:40:09 -
- View all Jobs from First Military Recruitment
More Jobs from First Military Recruitment
- Maintenance, Repairs and Operations Instructor
- Plant Maintenance Electrician
- Supply Chain Instructor (Oman)
- Maintenance Manager
- Electrician - Light Testing
- Sales and Logistics Co-ordinator
- Mechanical Service Engineer
- Senior Automotive Technician (Located in Germany)
- Engineering and Design Manager
- Field Service Technician (Fire & Security Systems)
- Operations Manager (Fire & Security Industry)
- Field Service Engineer (Industrial Cleaning)
- Mechanical Technician
- Service Engineer
- Equipment Maintenance Engineer
- Avionic Design Engineer
- Class 2 HIAB Driver
- Motor Vehicle Technician