Environmental Test Engineer : Computer Equipment, Colchester
The role is to create and execute representative test systems for computer products including VME and CompactPCI bus architectures with high power microprocessors and peripheral components by either performing the tests or attending them externally and producing reports of the tests carried out.
Example tests include shock & vibration, temperature and EMC.
The position will involve;
* Preparation of a representative test system including determining a suitable chassis, back-plane, test fixtures and other connectivity to allow a representative set of the functionality to be exercised.
Software will be required to achieve the latter and creation or modification of software test scripts would be expected (but not the creation or modification of software programs).
* Some problem diagnosis and problem solving resulting from the environmental tests.
* Maintaining accurate and correct test records and test reports to a quality level acceptable for potential customer distribution.
This shall include some product packs for ruggedised products.
You need to have;
* Built and configured computer systems from piece parts (e.g.
motherboard, data storage, cooling, power supply).
* An understanding of computer systems at a functional level.
* Set up Windows and Linux operating systems and drivers.
* Scripting skills.
* Performed vibration and shock tests using electro-dynamic shaker test equipment, diagnosing and finding practical resolutions to technical problems.
* Familiarity with VME, VPX, CompactPCI or AMC single board computer systems would be an advantage.
More Jobs from Expert Employment
- Sales Co-ordinator - Electrical Wire and Cable Assemblies industry
- Cloud Software Development Manager, Newport
- Customer requirements and support project co-ordinator
- Junior Mechanical 2D CAD Design Engineer
- Software Tester, manual & automated QA Engineer
- QA Automation Engineer
- Embedded Firmware Microcontroller Programmer, Stroud
- Software Tester, automated testing
- Software Development Manager, Newport, Wales
- Applications Engineer
- Web Application Software Engineer
- SolidWorks Mechanical packaging, enclosure and heat sink Designer, Colchester
- Modelling Analyst MSc or PhD Mathematics Graduate (top Russell Group Uni)
- Web Application Contract Developer
- Scientific Software Engineer
- C++ Parallel Programer (MPI, OpenMP, GPU, CUDA)
- Android Mobile App Developer, York to ?35,000
- Optical Instrument Design Engineer / Scientist - Sheffield
- Senior Software Engineer; Java, AngularJS / GO with RESTful
- Applications Engineer - Web Developer, Bracknell