A market leader in dog walking services in London are looking for an enthusiastic, reliable and trustworthy individual who is passionate about dogs to join their team as an Operations Manager in February 2018.
The Operations Manager required will need to be a committed, responsible and reliable dog lover, who is presentable with good communication skills.
Usual hours of work: Monday - Friday, 8:30am - 5:30pm.
You will be confident handling dogs of all breeds and sizes and will have exceptional time-keeping skills, as the company works to a very tight schedule, and willing to follow instruction.
As the Operations Manager you should be flexible and able to use your initiative as you will be covering various dog walks and driving routes, often at short notice.
You must be extremely organised and have a pro-active approach to your duties as an Operations Manager.
You will be assisting the General Manager by ensuring day-to-day logistics run smoothly.
References and a DS (CRB) check will be required.
You must be a very confident driver with a full clean driving licence and you must be comfortable driving and maintaining a medium wheelbase van.
In return you will be provided with training, uniform, a work phone, pension scheme and employee benefits scheme as well as the chance to join London's fastest growing dog walking company.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Planning staff holidays/absence
- Covering drivers and walkers
- Planning drivers routes to be as efficient as possible
- Order and manage equipment and supplies for dog walkers and drivers
- Assist other managers with regular social media posts (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram)
- Assist General Manager with updating and managing client database
- Work alongside General Manager to pro-actively find new ways to improve our service and general operations of the business
- Cover General Manager duties when they are absent
To be considered, you will need to:
- Have a clean UK driving licence
- Have experience in a supervisor or manager role
- Be confident driving a van in busy London traffic
- Be confident handling a pack of up to 6 dogs, on and off lead
- Be able to demonstrate that you can deliver great customer service
- Be very well presented with good English skills
- Demonstrate that you are reliable and trustworthy
- Be happy to have a DS and reference check
Qualifications and Skills
- Experience in a managers or supervisors role
- Full UK Driving License
- Experience working with or owning dogs
- Pension Scheme
- Employee Benefits Scheme
About the Company
“In 2013, Joe Thomason moved from the countryside of Kent to Hampstead with his Border Collie called Meg.
He was looking for a new business venture when a relative from West Hampstead recommended dog walking as Joe has a background working, training and successfully competing with dogs.
After some market research, Joe very quickly realised that there was a gap in the market for a proper dog walking company that provides a simple, professional and reliable service to busy dog owners.
Green Dog Walking has since grown from covering just Hampstead to most of Northwest London and West London such as Notting Hill, Kensington, Camden, Primrose Hill, Bayswater, Belsize Park, Highgate, West Hampstead and many more, with plans to continue growing as our reputation and demand builds.”
How to Apply
Please attach your CV to the link provided and Green Dog Walking will be in direct contact.
More Jobs from Hiring People
- Substance Misuse Recovery Worker
- Consumer Researcher
- Full Stack Developer
- Ventilation Ductwork Cleaning Technician
- Technical Manager
- Junior Graphic Designer
- Service Delivery Manager
- Customer Sales Advisor
- Business Support Officer
- Junior Graphic Designer
- Assistant Installation Technician
- German / French Speaking Field Researcher
- Online ESL tutor / English Teachers
- Marketing Data Delivery Manager
- SAP Business One Support Consultant
- Business Development Manager
- Volunteer Manager