Aqumen Business Solutions are currently recruiting on behalf of our client, based in Leeds (LS27) who are looking for a Quality Technician to join them on a permanent contract.
Working Hours: 42hrs Monday to Sunday (12 hour Continental shift pattern)
Start Date: We are looking for someone who is available immediately
Purpose of the role
The Quality Technician’s responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- To assure the quality of product dispatched to customers meets all customer and internal requirements.
- To maintain Quality systems and records.
- Be flexible in your approach to duties in accordance with the requirements of the business.
These responsibilities may be modified or changed at any time depending on the business needs.
Tasks, Duties and Responsibilities
- Using supplied measuring equipment; carry out tests to the agreed internal and external specifications aligned with technical drawings.
- Review test data and analyze and interpret test results and ensure reports are detailed and accurate.
- Manage and control the periodic calibration of all required equipment in accordance with the Company Management Systems.
- Perform and lead Quality investigations that are based on, customer complaints, audit results, quarantine stock and any other, as necessary.
- Perform routine product audits to agreed schedule.
- Manage the control of quarantined stock.
- Perform capability studies on products.
- Perform system audits to agreed schedule.
- Perform supplier audits in line with business requirements and Quality Management Systems.
- Complete all improvement and corrective actions assigned in a timely manner.
- Use the necessary or required internal and/or external software to facilitate this role including SAP, Q-Pulse, SQC, MCOSMOS, and Microsoft. This list is non-exhaustive.
- Maintain a high standard of record keeping in accordance with the Company Management Systems.
- Monitor and control Quality standards to meet requirements in accordance with the Company Management Systems.
- Demonstrate the ability to identify problems and assist in the implementation of long-term solutions.
- Generate and communicate Quality reports, for example, Customer complaint summary, supplier performance.
- Execute all work instructions in a timely manner to meet required targets.
- Demonstrate ability to work unsupervised.
- Demonstrate ability to make decisions based on data.
- Maintain a high standard of housekeeping at all times.
- Drive efficiency and improvement by working with other departments, suppliers and internal personnel, whilst being consistent with the company’s Core Values.
- Work with your departmental manager and team members to identify, implement and drive actions for continuous improvement.
- Utilize LEAN skills and techniques, for example, 5S, Kanban, Kaizen.
Health, Safety, welfare and Environment
- For self and others, ensure compliance to all relevant Health, Safety, Welfare and Environmental regulations, legislation and Company requirements at all times and without exception and Zero Harm Process.
Qualifications and Other skills
- GCSE grades A to C in Mathematics and English.
- Desirable: further Education in Technical Filed.
- Previous experience in Quality.
- The applicant ideally would have experience in a manufacturing environment and have the ability to work in a high pressure site.
More Jobs from Aqumen Recruitment
- Loom Tuner
- Senior Process Operator (Chemical)
- Chemical Process Operator
- Tanker Loader/FLT
- HGV Mechanic
- Sales Executive
- Production Operative
- Trainee Sales Administrator
- External Sales/Field Sales
- Production operative - Temp to Perm
- Technical & Product Development Manager, Wastewater
- External Sales
- Machine Oprative
- Logistics Co-ordinator
- Multiskilled Engineer, Packaging
- Shift Engineer
- Business Development Executive (Telesales)
- Hire Controller
- Machine Operator
- Trainee Extrusion Operative - Genuine Temp to Perm