Job Title: CAD Technician
Hours: 8:30am-4:30pm Monday to Friday
- Knowledge and use of the appropriate design software for creating and issuing models / drawings to both in-house or client standards.
- Review and offer advice to customers on the technical detailing of plans, specifications and other customer documentation
- Prepare dimensional drawings, installation drawings and full manufacturing details.
- Serve as an information source on the design and construction of permeable pavements and hard landscaped areas
- Maintain notes, design calculations and other documentation (like drawings, bill of materials, list of design parameters, and performance guarantees) within CSS and associated systems.
- Liaising with colleagues, other departments and project teams with respect to model/drawing requirements.
- Work within the Commercial Sales Division to ensure the achievement and retention of product specifications and grow delivered sales
- Preparation of engineering models/drawings in accordance with current standards and codes of practice, including general arrangements, construction details and manufacturing drawings.
- Any design work accepted is delivered within a timescale agreed with the customers, both internal and external.
- Ensuring that models/drawings are prepared, stored, issued and archived in accordance with company procedures.
- To use innovative thinking, solve problems and promote new ideas that improve working practices, opportunities, and business relationships with the Commercial customer base.
- Proficient in AutoCAD.
Revit and Solidworks preferable but not essential.
- Spatial awareness and linkage of 2D and 3D design content
- Able to generate layout and manufacturing drawings from architectural sketches and specifications
- Familiar with design parameters related to sustainable urban drainage systems
- Knowledgeable of standard drafting practices and procedures
A large, well established company that is in the construction sector.
- Start: ASAP
- Duration: Permanent
- Rate: Market related
- Location: Halifax, West Yorkshire, England
- Type: Permanent
- Industry: Design
- Recruiter: Heads Recruitment Ltd
- Contact: Rebecca Greenwood
- Tel: 0161 7463311
- Email: to view click here
- Reference: 0000333100
- Posted: 2018-02-05 15:47:26 -
- View all Jobs from Heads Recruitment Ltd
More Jobs from Heads Recruitment Ltd
- FLT Side Loader Operator
- Duct fitter
- Dispatch Operative
- Office Manager
- Safety Advisor
- Warehouse Operative
- Sorter - Wythenshawe
- Packer - Weekend - Wythenshawe
- Packer - Wythenshawe
- After Sales Engineer
- Warehouse Manager Nights
- Operations Manager - Customer Service
- Account Manager - Aftersales
- Business Development Executive
- Hygiene Operative
- Reach and Counterbalance FLT Driver