We are recruiting on behalf of a lighting manufacturer for a product designer to join their team.
The successful applicant will be working as part of the design team, primarily assisting with the design and development of the company's new product ranges.
Responsibilities and duties:
- Utilising Solidworks for product design and the completion of detailed technical drawings for manufacture
- The generation of 3D models and concept renders
- Communicate manufacturing methods and technical specifications to suppliers
- Reverse engineering of product and designing for an established brand
- The completion of informative product documentation and instructions
- Helping to ensure that all quality and technical product standards are met
Applicants must be educated in a relevant degree discipline such as product design or design engineering as well as having industry experience in using Solidworks to a professional level.
The successful applicant will be a competent user of Illustrator, Photoshop and Microsoft office and should have the ability to project manage and problem solve.
Experience of design for manufacture and understanding of engineering concepts and materials and in interest in interior design would be an advantage.
Due to the large volume of applications we receive we are only able to respond to successful applicants, if you have not heard from us within 7 days unfortunately you have not been successful on this occasion.
More Jobs from The Works Staffing Solutions
- Credit Controller
- Part-time Cleaners
- Retentions Advisor
- PPT Drivers
- Forklift Driver
- Warehouse Operatives
- Helpdesk Administrator
- Cable Assembler
- Support and Technical Writer
- Credit Controller (Maternity Cover)
- Senior Marketing Executive
- Customer Advisor
- Helpdesk Specialist
- AOI Operator
- PCB Reworker
- PCB Inspector
- Semi Clean Room Operative
- Surface Mount Operator (Pick and Place)
- Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer