Sales Manager - Defence Training
Our client, MKC Training Services Ltd provides training on the long established, and prestigious, Royal School of Military Engineering contract, based in Chatham Kent.
They deliver education across a wide range of construction and engineering programme areas from Level 2 to Master’s Degree level.
Based on their on-going success of delivering this multi-million-pound contract, they are now looking to further expand their operations into new training related ventures, primarily in the Defence, Construction and Engineering sectors, and need a Sales / Business Development Manager to help make this happen.
The prime objective of this role is to work alongside the senior management team, to identify and win training contracts across the UK with specific responsibility for;
- Recognising, creating and seizing market opportunities to deliver growth in target areas.
- Developing strong relationships with key customers, suppliers and stakeholders.
- Lead appropriate pre-sales campaigns to position MKCTS in the appropriate supply chain.
- Input to business strategy and devising the best practical deal structure for new and emerging opportunities.
This is a customer facing role which requires an understanding of, and existing network of contacts within, the Defence environment.
We require a charismatic self-starter with excellent communication skills (written and verbal) who is comfortable in operating at senior levels.
- A strong results driven manager with a proven track record of prospecting new business and delivering to a sales target
- A market facing individual who feels comfortable in an outward facing role and engaging with customers, partners and other stakeholders across current and prospective customers for long term relationships.
- Experience of working in the defence sector and with UK MoD and supply chain, through all initial procurement phases(PQQ/ITT/RFP), is essential
- Strong understanding of training contracts and linked programs (e.g.
apprenticeships) within the military environment
- A confident decision maker who can demonstrate sound commercial judgement in a variety of complex business scenarios
- Excellent analytical skills
- Role is based in Kent, candidate will be expected to travel within the UK
- Hard working, immaculately presented with excellent presentation and communication skills
- Ability to work at board level and to maintain strategic relationships with key stakeholders within the broader defence community
This is a unique opportunity to join a growing training provider which, in turn, will offer an exciting, challenging and rewarding career.
Excellent Salary and benefits to include Car allowance, Bonus, 30 days’ holiday (plus bank holidays), Benenden Healthcare scheme and contributory Pension Scheme.
Our client, MKC Training Services Ltd is an equal opportunities employer.
They value diversity in their people and all applications will be welcomed and considered regardless of a person's age, sex, religion, marital status, sexual orientation or ethnic origin.
- Start: ASAP
- Rate: Â£68k - 70k per year + Bonus, Car Allowance, etc
- Location: Chatham, Kent, England
- Type: Permanent
- Industry: Military
- Recruiter: Technical Placements Ltd
- Contact: Tim Hill
- Tel: 01303 263000
- Email: to view click here
- Reference: TP2010h
- Posted: 2018-02-06 12:07:12 -
- View all Jobs from Technical Placements Ltd
More Jobs from Technical Placements Ltd
- Graduate Management Trainee - Recycling Waste Management
- Graduate Commercial Management Trainee - Recycling
- CATIA V5 Programmer
- NDT Technician - PFD Operator
- Maintenance Technician CNC Machines
- Electrical Design Engineer - Control Systems
- Quality Inspector
- Business Development Manager - Defence Training
- Plumbing and Heating Instructor
- Manufacturing Engineer
- Health & Safety Compliance Manager
- Reliability Engineer
- Continuous Improvement Shift Manager
- CNC Miller Setter Operator
- Utilities Manager
- MRP Controller
- MRP Controller
- Motor Vehicle Technician Instructor
- Utilities Manager
- CNC Setter Operator