Mid Cyber Threat Analyst
General Dynamics IT has an opening for a DOC/NOAA Mid Cyber Threat Analyst with strong communication and technical skills that will provide cybersecurity monitoring and situational awareness across the Department of Commerce (DOC) and/or National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA).
The candidate must be a US Citizen and be able to obtain Department of Commerce vetting clearance.
Specific roles & responsibilities for the position include but not limited to the following:
- Performs Computer Security Incident Response activities for a large organization, coordinates with other government agencies to record and report incidents.
- Monitor and analyze Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS) to identify security issues for remediation.
- Recognizes potential, successful, and unsuccessful intrusion attempts and compromises thorough reviews and analyses of relevant event detail and summary information.
- Evaluate firewall change requests and assess organizational risk.
- Communicates alerts to agencies regarding intrusions and compromises to their network infrastructure, applications and operating systems.
- Assists with implementation of counter-measures or mitigating controls.
- Ensures the integrity and protection of networks, systems, and applications by technical enforcement of organizational security policies, through monitoring of vulnerability scanning devices.
- Performs periodic and on-demand system audits and vulnerability assessments, including user accounts, application access, file system and external Web integrity scans to determine compliance.
- Prepares incident reports of analysis methodology and results.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
Candidates must be willing to submit resumes to be included in the final proposal submission.
Employment is contingent upon contract award.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training or work experience.
Successful candidate must obtain/qualify for a DOC/NOAA Suitability Determination (Entry on Duty - EOD).
Successful candidate must be able to pass a government background investigation (BI).
Candidate must maintain suitability status throughout employment.
- 2-4 years of related experience in data security administration
- Certification(s) Desired: CISSP, CISSM, ITIL
Additional Desired Experience:
- Two (2) years of experience in intelligence or technical analysis with a focus on cyber threat analysis.
- Two (2) years of technical task management
- Demonstrated expertise in deploying and maintaining open source network security monitoring and assessment tools.
- Experience with All Source production and knowledge of cyber/technical intelligence
- Working knowledge of cyber intelligence and threat analytics as well as insider threat programs.
- Prior military or intelligence community experience and/or formal analytic training/certification
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to effectively research, write, communicate and brief to varying levels of audiences to include at the executive level
- Previous experience managing cross functional and interdisciplinary project teams to achieve tactical and strategic objectives.
- Experience writing contract deliverables such as Trend Analysis reports and Quarterly Status Reports.
- Knowledge of data security administration principles, methods, and techniques.
- Demonstrated analytical and communications skills.
- Certification in one or more specific technologies.
- Familiarity with domain structures, user authentication, and digital signatures.
- Understanding of firewall theory and configuration.
- Requires understanding of DHS/DoD policies and procedures, such as FIPS 199, FIPS 200, NIST 800-53, DHS 4300A SSH and other applicable policies.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Apply for this ad Online!
More Jobs from General Dynamics
- Bilingual CSR Tagalog (Part-Time)
- Sr Princ Analyst, Info Securit
- Customer Service Rep - Future Opportunities
- Administrator, Web Content Sharepoint
- Software Engineer
- Help Desk Technician TS.SCI Required
- Programs and Operation Analyst
- Sr. Human Subjects Protection Scientist
- Laboratory Veterinary Technician II
- Research Laboratory Veterinarian
- Clinical Research Coordinator
- Quality Assurance/ Technical Writer
- Business Objects Engineer - Security Model
- Sr Revenue Cycle Management SME
- Network and Systems Administrator
- Systems Engineer
- Payments SME
- Network Administrator
- Project Manager
- Princ Administrator, Systems w/Polygraph