Senior Linux Administrator
General Dynamics IT has an immediate opening for a Linux Adminstrator to join our team.
The position provides an opportunity to develop the cutting-edge technology that supports some of our nation's fundamental defense services.
General Dynamics Mission Systems employees work closely with esteemed clients to develop solutions that allow them to carry out high-stakes national security missions.
The selected candidate will work with collaborative teams to create and manage various General Dynamics Mission Systems and client technologies.
In addition to receiving a competitive salary and generous health and personal benefits, the Linux Administrator will enhance their skill set among a talented and technically accomplished group of colleagues.
The employee will also enjoy a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded.
- Install, configure, operate, and maintain integrated systems to support mission operations
- Participate in the architecture development and design of AWS cloud migrations
- Manage Amazon Web Service Cloud environments leveraging services such as VPC, EC2, RDS, Lambda, S3, CloudFormation, CloudWatch, IAM, etc.
- Perform daily application updates and maintenance functions
- Respond to Tier 3 and Tier 4 trouble tickets
- Open trouble tickets and respond to trouble calls
- Respond to management system alerts
- Deploy monthly security patches and updates
- Respond to after-hours trouble calls
- Support annual FISMA and NIST security requirements
- Participate as a member of a small, multi-disciplinary team that works cooperatively to ensure supported applications are available to support the customer mission
- Become familiar with other team responsibilities to enable acting as backup/augmentation as required
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline.
At least 4 years of experience
Preferred Qualifications: Candidates with these preferred skills will be given preferential consideration:
- Experience working with AWS GovCloud and/or C2S environments
- Experience automating tasks in Bash, sh, Python, or another scripting language
- Experience with patching servers/virtual machines (Red Hat Satellite preferred)
- Familiarity working in environments with multiple levels of firewalls, routing, and network ACLs
- Experience working with large instances of RDBMS systems such as Oracle
- Experience with Apache Tomcat
- Experience with Apache Solr/Lucene
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect or SysOps Administrator Certifications
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Apply for this ad Online!
More Jobs from General Dynamics
- Bilingual CSR Tagalog (Part-Time)
- Sr Princ Analyst, Info Securit
- Customer Service Rep - Future Opportunities
- Administrator, Web Content Sharepoint
- Software Engineer
- Help Desk Technician TS.SCI Required
- Programs and Operation Analyst
- Sr. Human Subjects Protection Scientist
- Laboratory Veterinary Technician II
- Research Laboratory Veterinarian
- Clinical Research Coordinator
- Quality Assurance/ Technical Writer
- Business Objects Engineer - Security Model
- Sr Revenue Cycle Management SME
- Network and Systems Administrator
- Systems Engineer
- Payments SME
- Network Administrator
- Project Manager
- Princ Administrator, Systems w/Polygraph