Principal Software Engineer
Software Systems Engineer will collaborate with teams to create and manage various Guardian Program Systems and client technologies that embrace a DevOps culture.
Senior Software Systems Engineers will analyze, design, develop and test Guardian systems to ensure the integration of software, reliability, maintainability, safety and other requirements in the total engineering effort that supports Guardian applications as they migrate to the Cloud.
The Senior Software Systems Engineer shall be responsible for the maintenance and growth of a Cucumber-based automated test suite, i.e., Behavior Driven Development and Testing.
Requirements include the ability to construct Cucumber automated tests using the Gherkin language, as well as implement step files using Java.
In addition, service and enhance the Continuous Integration pipeline, especially as it relates to automated testing.
Candidates must demonstrate passion for innovation, a sophisticated understanding of various engineering systems and the ability to further advance Guardian Program's technology.
- Exercise creative thinking and ideation to advance our business performance.
- Deliver innovative, flexible, integrated solutions to meet customers' changing business needs.
- Support and engage in programs, projects and practices behind the Guardian Program's culture and strategy, and comply with all policies and procedures.
- Follow industry and department trends and developments to ensure Guardian Program's services are consistent with, and/or superior to, industry best practices.
- Work with the development team to create and improve a performance test suite based upon Rational Performance Tester.
DevOps - Automation, containers, application monitoring, etc.
- Provide support for the development and infrastructure teams in their transition to the cloud, as well as long-term application sustainment in that environment.
- Interface Testing - Use SOAPUI to confirm and troubleshoot interfaces to external systems
- Release Configuration Management - Based on release schedules, use CM tools (SVN, Jenkins, Maven) to build and deploy release to the development, test, and production environment
- Experience working under Agile development methodology using Jira
- Automated Testing (e.g., Selenium Web Driver, Cucumber)
- Knowledge of Serenity
- Solid understanding of common scripting languages.
- High familiarity with automated testing & performance testing tools.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) in any prominent commercial or government cloud provider, such as AWS/C2S, MS Azure, or Google Cloud
- Understanding of modern DevOps techniques and tools to promote Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD), such as Docker, Ansible, Puppet/Chef, Jenkins, and ELK
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
8-10 years of related software development experience.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Apply for this ad Online!
More Jobs from General Dynamics
- Bilingual CSR Tagalog (Part-Time)
- Sr Princ Analyst, Info Securit
- Customer Service Rep - Future Opportunities
- Administrator, Web Content Sharepoint
- Software Engineer
- Help Desk Technician TS.SCI Required
- Programs and Operation Analyst
- Sr. Human Subjects Protection Scientist
- Laboratory Veterinary Technician II
- Research Laboratory Veterinarian
- Clinical Research Coordinator
- Quality Assurance/ Technical Writer
- Business Objects Engineer - Security Model
- Sr Revenue Cycle Management SME
- Network and Systems Administrator
- Systems Engineer
- Payments SME
- Network Administrator
- Project Manager
- Princ Administrator, Systems w/Polygraph