Shift Electrical Maintenance Technician
JA303 -Shift Electrical Maintenance Technician
Location: Millbank, London SW1
Salary: Competitive plus shift allowance
We are currently recruiting for a Shift Electrical Technician for our clients building maintenance business.
The successful Shift Electrical Maintenance Technician will work as part of a team responsible for carrying out Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM), Reactive Maintenance and extra works including emergencies in accordance with the contract requirements.
Provide technical expertise in resolving technical issues on site, operate and control various engineering systems and equipment efficiently and safely, maintain a Centre of Excellence ethos across the campus.
The successful candidate must have a full valid UK driving licence and preferably an IPAF certificate
Aims and Objectives:
- Deliver engineering principles to maintain a centre of excellence culture
- Provide systems and assets with the best available maintenance and techniques
- Ensure adherence to Health and Safety at all times
- Drive reliability centred ethos to maintaining assets in a first-class condition
- Enhance the condition of the campus through proactive attention to detail
- Conduct PPM in accordance with set schedules, ensuring engineering standards are maintained in order to maximise the operational effectiveness and reliability OEM assets and associated systems.
- Adherence to set engineering standards in accordance with Health and Safety at Work Act (HASAWA) requirements.
- Ensure onsite Quality Assurance procedures are adhered to in all respects and to maintain accurate records/documentation associated the electrical aspects of the PPM and plant.
- Respond in a prompt and effective manner to all electrically related reactive maintenance issues, and help desk requests.
- Support external vendors and other Company teams in delivering 1st class services.
- Undertake all training requirements as directed by your manager.
- Operate and deliver services using a PDA CAFM device.
- Comply with the site rules and requirements.
- Minimise operational and reputational risk
- Co-ordinate initial actions associated with all requests from the client.
- Co-ordinate visiting specialist sub-contractors
- Respond to call outs and cover breakdowns and emergencies associated with the electrical services aspects of the contract as required.
- Electrical fault diagnosis associated with the PPM or Reactive maintenance.
- Repair of electrical systems and controls associated with Heating and Ventilating Building Services.
- Repair and maintenance of lighting and distribution systems.
- Assist other trade where relevant.
- Undertake miscellaneous duties as requested by the Client.
- Proactively work towards the growth of the contract.
- Apply and remove LV electrical safety isolations in compliance with the Company safety procedures
- Attend each shift to enable the prior shift to be relieved on time.
- Provide time-sheets, holiday requests and overtime records promptly to the BOS on a shift by shift basis.
- Provide material requisition requests promptly to provide minimum asset down-time
- Undertake set CAFM PPM, Reactive and Comprehensive tasks to meet monthly set contract targets.
Experience and Skills:
- City & Guilds Parts 1 and 2 (Electrical Installation 2360) or recognised equivalent; or
- 17th Edition Institute of Electrical Engineers (I.E.E) Registration or recognised equivalent; or
- Electrical Apprenticeship – gained within the building maintenance industry;
- Health and Safety Training
- GCSE (or ‘O’ Level equivalent) passes in Maths and English or recognised equivalent;
- Experience with similar maintenance duties including fault diagnosis, rectification.
- Experience in the Electrical aspects of general building PPM schedules
- Experienced in electrical installation work, plus electrical testing and inspection
- Experience with Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS), generators and HV/LV switchgear
- Competent Person skills and experience
- Full UK driving licence
- HNC Building Services or equivalent
- City & Guilds Part 3 (Electrical Installation 2360) or recognised equivalent
- Basic Mechanical experience/knowledge
- Supervisory experience for future development
- IPAF Certificate
- Start: ASAP
- Rate: Â£Competitive
- Location: London, Greater London, England
- Type: Permanent
- Industry: Engineering
- Recruiter: First Military Recruitment
- Contact: Joelle Campbell
- Tel: 01285 654566
- Email: to view click here
- Reference: JA303
- Posted: 2018-02-13 16:49:16 -
- View all Jobs from First Military Recruitment
More Jobs from First Military Recruitment
- Multi-Drop van driver
- Fleet Administrator
- Shift Electrical Maintenance Technician
- Medical Equipment Technician
- Multi Skilled Production Engineer/Setter
- Service Engineer
- IT Support Engineer
- Test Engineer
- Multi-Skilled Engineer (Electrically Biased)
- Plumbing Assessor
- Senior Service Engineer
- Plant / Vehicle Fitter
- Maintenance, Repairs and Operations Instructor
- Plant Maintenance Electrician
- Supply Chain Instructor (Oman)
- Maintenance Manager