Back End Developer (Ipswich)
My high profile client is currently expanding their IT function as they are on their way to becoming one of the best Data Analytics' practise in the UK within Insurance.
They are currently seeking an experienced Back End Developer for a range of projects focussed on Infrastructure and Operations to aid their transformation.
The right candidate will have end to end involvement at all stages of the development life cycle, through requirements analysis, coding, testing, etc.
You will have the opportunity to work with cutting edge technology at the forefront of the Insurance industry.
If this sounds like a good fit, please apply within.
- Liaison with subject-matter experts, business analysts, product owners, scrum-masters, developers, testers and architects to ensure that the proposed solution is mapped to business outcomes.
- Design and development of application solutions incorporating web-based user interfaces, communication layers, calculation engines, data layers and database structures.
- Designs will ensure that solutions are modelled logically, consistently and intuitively, ensuring that they perform optimally within agreed tolerances.
- Involvement in the promotion of developed solutions through various environments in adherence with the change control life cycle.
- Peer review of code from development team members and third-party providers, with a focus on maintainability and performance.
- Ensure solutions are built to best practices and patterns for application development and integration.
- User experience, understanding how technology can help the user to successfully complete a task.
- Working with DevOps and Delivery Managers to provide active management of the continuous integration/continuous deployment processes through the TFS and Release Manager packages.
- Showcasing of product increments to the scrum team and stakeholders (sprint review)
- Bachelor's degree in a business or an IT related subject or relevant business experience.
- Full stack ability across the Microsoft Technology stack required with a focus on back end development experience (C#, .NET, WCF, Web API, T-SQL, Object Oriented Design, Database Design)
- Systems integration experience required
- Application architecture experience required
- Ability to work under pressure to tight timelines and without direct supervision
- Excellent analytical problem solving skills
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to interpret business conversations and translate into technical requirements
- Varied SDLC experience including Agile Scrum
- 2+ Insurance Broker experience
- Azure development/integration experience
More Jobs from Venquis Limited
- SQL Database Developer/Architect
- Business Analyst
- Application Support Lead
- Business Analyst - Middle / Back Office
- Data Analyst
- Junior PM
- Programme Assurance Manager
- SQL/ETL Developer
- Financial Analyst
- Back End Developer (Ipswich)
- PMO - SC Cleared
- Digital Workplace Facilities Lead / Project Manager
- CRM Manager / Admin
- PMO - Manager - SC Cleared
- SITS Developer
- GDPR Deployment Manager
- PMO - Mobile Roll-out
- SITS Developer
- Frontend/UI Developer