Payroll responsibilities will involve looking after a range of clients, duties will include:
- Processing fortnightly, monthly & quarterly client payroll for various sized clients
- Investigating unusual requests from clients on output figures.
- Providing reports to the client detailing data and cost analysis in the appropriate confidential method.
- Monthly letters to payroll clients detailing Inland Revenue payments required
- Completing regular checks of statutory information held on STAR, and obtaining deficiencies identified.
- End of year compliance including P35s/P60s etc.
- On-going compliance such as P45s and starter checklists etc.
- Liaising with clients and dealing with ad hoc queries via telephone and email
- Submit electronic data to HMRC each month in line with RTI procedures.
- Auto enrolment input processing.
- SMP & SSP - knowledge of statutory payments & salary sacrifice.
Knowledge of bookkeeping and management accounts would be useful so that this person can provide assistance to other members of the team if necessary.
- STAR payroll
- CCH Central
- Educated to A level standard.
- AAT qualified or studying towards would be beneficial or qualified by experience
- 2 years experience within a similar role
- Experience and working knowledge of using payroll software, STAR experience desirable
- Working knowledge of Word and Excel
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook would be desirable
- A good understanding of how to manually calculate tax and NI and the impact of different tax codes on this
- A good understanding of statutory payments and how these are processed through payroll
- A good understanding of salary sacrifice payments
- An awareness of Auto Enrolment and employer's obligations
- Experience setting up new PAYE schemes with HMRC
- Experience of preparing management accounts would be desirable but not a prerequisite
Parkside Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Parkside Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
More Jobs from Parkside Recruitment
- HR Advisor
- Client Support Executive
- National Sales Trainer
- Senior Buyer
- IT Technician
- Order Administrator
- Senior level PA
- Executive Assistant
- Billings Clerk
- Part-Time Contracts Administrator
- Digital Marketing Specialist
- Marketing Coordinator
- Talent Advisor
- French Billings Accountant
- Financial Controller - Fixed Term Contract
- Assistant Brand Manager
- Assistant Brand Manager
- Senior Managment Accountant/Finance Business Partner
- Kitchen Sales Consultant