Estimator / Production Engineer (Precision Engineering)
Job Location: Portsmouth, Hampshire.
Primarily office based with ad hoc domestic and international travel.
Salary: Based on experience and qualification: £30k-£35k p.a.
Benefits include: 28 days holiday, including public holidays & Pension.
On-site parking just off the M27 J12.
Hours: 39hr per week, 7:30am – 4.30pm Mon – Thurs, 7:30am – 12:30pm Fri.
Flexibility may be required in order to meet customer deadlines.
Our client is a long-standing precision manufacturing and assembly facility, supplying oil and gas, instrumentation and other high-end industrial markets.
They manufacture precision components in a variety of materials, including Stainless Steel – both standard specs.
and exotics, Aluminium & Plastic.
They also design and manufacture Jigs & Fixtures to aid the machining of complex castings & mouldings.
Working directly with the Management team, you will become a key, pivotal part of the business.
Assisting the Works Manager to ensure that the planning & scheduling of the work load on the machine shop is within the company’s production capacity and can meet client requirements, on time & to budget.
- Responsible for the Estimation, Costing & Quotation enquiries for the company’s clients
- Create quotations for clients within the target response time.
- Interpret customer requirements from drawings, specifications and models.
- Define process routing and estimate set-up & cycle times
- Obtain prices for any external processes and materials.
- Review & Improve methods of manufacture to reduce machining times using methods of - but not exclusive to - Jigs, Fixtures, Cutting Tools and/or methods of production.
- Advise of any possible major expenditure.
- Assist planning, production and quality departments.
- Liaise with new & existing customers to explore further opportunities to grow the business.
- Continually review the pricing structure to ensure we deliver to our customers in terms of labour, material and sub-contract prices.
- Ensuring the financial targets of the business are met.
You must have eligibility to work in the UK.
Please note, only suitable applicants will be contacted.
If your address and contact details are not on your CV, you will not be considered.
We look forward to hearing from you!
More Jobs from Postify
- Middleweight Designer
- Experienced Senior Dental Receptionist
- Estimator / Production Planning Engineer (Precision CNC Engineering)
- Production Planning Engineer (Precision CNC Engineering)
- Apprenticeships Programme Tutor
- Maintenance & Facilities Manager
- Electro-Mechanical Precision Assembler
- Senior Technical Support Analyst
- Customer Service Administrator
- Lead IT Infrastructure Administrator
- SENIOR PROJECT ENGINEER
- Junior Project Engineer
- Apprenticeships Programme Tutor (Home Based)
- Heating Sales Advisor
- Administrator/ Receptionist
- Senior Ledger Clerk
- Field Marketer - Part time
- Operations Manager - Community Care
- Dental Receptionist
- Property Lettings Manager