Jnr User Experience Researcher (Media) - London
Jnr User Experience Researcher (Media) - London
£45k basic + bonus + benefits
My client is one of the UK's largest media publishers who are looking to hire a Jnr User Experience Researcher, this is an exciting opportunity to contribute to the development of business and the user experience research team.
The media publisher encompassing an award winning portfolio of 5 national titles, 130 regional titles and over 500 digital products.
They are experiencing phenomenal online growth, and the acquisition of Local World in 2015 has strengthened their presence in the local markets.
We're well on our way to becoming the dominant local player online in the UK.
The company's approach to digital and IT puts user needs at the heart of decision making.
User researchers are key figures in service teams.
They help service teams build a deep understanding of their users so they can design and deliver the services that their users need.
They support service managers by generating new and useful user insights, and work closely with designers, analysts and developers to iteratively improve services for users.
As a user researcher you will be experienced in using a variety of user research methods to reveal actionable insights.
You will have excellent analytical and problem solving skills, and the ability to quickly develop recommendations based on quantitative and qualitative evidence.
You will need to be confident in explaining user needs to senior stakeholders, and acting as a persuasive advocate for those needs both within the team, the wider organisation and across the business.
You will have experience with and be comfortable working with agile development teams.
You will be able to introduce user research practices into a team, establish a user centred culture, and continually monitor and improve practices.
User researchers are needed to inform the development of a variety of products and services.
You will work closely with stakeholders and agile development teams to design, deliver and implement new digital services for the public and health professionals.
Following user-centred design principles you will ensure that user needs are at the forefront of the design process.
You will support the design, management and execution of user research (qualitative, quantitative, collaborative, online and usability research) with both the public and relevant professionals
You will bring experience of user research into secure personal digital access verification for health services, and attitudes to sharing personal and sensitive data
Skills and experience
It's essential that you have:
Demonstrable knowledge, experience in and passion for user centered design practices for web, service or software development.
Proven experience of understanding user needs for web content, tools and transactional services, especially those with the most complex user journeys.
Proven experience of designing, facilitating and analysing a wide range of qualitative and quantitative user research methods.
Strong understanding of strengths and limitations of different research methods.
Proven experience of presenting user research findings in a wide variety of formats and contexts.
Proven experience introducing and establishing user research practices in an organisation.
Proven experience of working in an agile development environment with designers and developers and product managers to create new digital products and services
Additional Resources Ltd is an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003
- Start: ASAP
- Duration: Permanent
- Rate: £45000 - £45000 Per Annum
- Location: London, England
- Type: Permanent
- Industry: Media
- Recruiter: Additional Resources Ltd.
- Contact: Paul
- Tel: 0845 450 6635
- Email: to view click here
- Reference: PCO/D/038135
- Posted: 2018-05-13 23:35:02 -
- View all Jobs from Additional Resources Ltd.
More Jobs from Additional Resources Ltd.
- Sales Primary Teacher - Shawclough, Greater Manchester
- Property Legal Secretary - Bournemouth
- QA Manager - Alcoholic Drinks Industry - Ledbury, Herefordshire
- Continuous Improvement Manager (CIM) - Alcoholic Drinks Industry - Ledbury, Herefordshire
- Health, Safety and Environmental Manager - Saltcoats, Scotland
- General Maintenance Soft Landscaping Foreman - West London
- Database Administrator (Legal/IT/Insurance) - Manchester
- Head of UX and Design (Media Publisher) - London
- Infrastructure Support Analyst (Legal IT/Insurance) - Manchester
- Jnr Data Warehouse Developer (Legal/Professional) - Manchester
- NEW BUSINESS SALES - LONDON
- DATA SALES SPECIALIST - LONDON, MANCHESTER, READING, LIVERPOOL
- GLOBAL ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT / TELECOM SALES - LONDON
- CHANNEL ACCOUNT MANAGER - TELECOM SERVICES - LONDON
- INTERNET SECURITY - CHANNEL / ALLIANCE SALES - LONDON, HOME COUNTIES
- JUNIOR GLOBAL ACCOUNT MANAGER - LONDON
- TELECOM / UNIFIED COMMS - ACCOUNT MANAGER - US ACCOUNTS
- EMEA PRODUCT MANAGER - IP SECURITY
- EMEA PRODUCT MANAGER - IP DATA SERVICES
- DATA NETWORK PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT MANAGER