Education Centre Manager
Kumon is Europe and Africa’s largest supplementary education provider, discovering children’s potential and maximising their abilities.
Kumon offers maths and English study programmes for children of all ages and abilities.
Established 60 years ago in Japan, the Kumon programmes have helped children across the globe to develop the ability to learn for themselves and excel academically.
There are currently over 125,000 students studying at more than 1,000 franchised study centres in twenty countries across Europe and Africa.
We have a very exciting opportunity for an Education Centre Manager to run our new flagship Kumon centre in London.
The Kumon Ealing Central Study Centre will open in August 2018 and is expected to quickly strengthen the Kumon brand throughout London and the UK.
This centre will also be the training centre for all new Kumon Associates and new Instructors throughout the UK and Ireland.
It will be the central hub of Kumon instruction learning and development for Kumon within the UK and Ireland.
Working towards agreed targets, this exciting role involves the instruction of its students and the growth and development of the centre on a commercial scale.
Key responsibilities of this role will include:
· Delivering high-quality Kumon instruction at the centre (approximately 40% of your time will be in the centre instructing the students with your team).
· Maintaining and developing the centre’s reputation as a key education provider within the local community.
· Conducting parent information sessions.
· Managing a team of employees.
· Supporting the recruitment and training of Associates and Instructors.
· Running and supporting Voluntary Study Groups with Associates and Instructors.
· Promoting, marketing and developing the Kumon brand within the area.
· Managing the budget for the centre, recording both expenditure and income to ensure the centre is financially viable.
For this role we are looking for someone who is passionate about education, with high academic ability in maths and English, and an excellent communicator.
The successful candidate ideally should be someone, who has experience of managing a budget and managing people.
They must also have the drive, creativity, tenacity and the ambition to make a positive difference to our students and thereby making this centre a real success.
This role requires a well organised person with the ability to work under pressure.
This is not a 9am to 5pm role and therefore flexibility to work outside of these hours and at weekends is essential.
All candidates should be educated to degree level or equivalent and have a A or above in their maths and English GCSEs.
In return, we will offer you:
· 28 days holiday per year including Bank Holidays (increasing with service)
· Annual salary reviews
· Extensive training opportunities throughout your career
· Free Kumon tuition for your children
· Hundreds of retail discounts, a company pension, private medical and dental cover, life assurance and critical illness cover
Staff at Kumon all share a passion for education, and the desire to help children achieve their full potential.
The work you do, no matter what your role, will make a real difference to developing students' abilities and will help you to achieve your full potential too.
The interview process will consist of:
1. Initial telephone or face-to-face interview with the hiring manager.
2. If successful you will be invited to attend an orientation meeting/assessment day, in a centre around the country, all expenses paid.
The assessment day will not be solely based on tests, but also presentations.
3. The final stage will be a presentation followed by a Q&A session and a face-to-face interview.
Kumon cares about your privacy, by submitting your information you consent that we will store your uploaded CV securely and process your data in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation.
On occasion we may share your CV outside the EU if the role we are recruiting for is based outside the EU within a Kumon Group Company.
We will not keep your information longer than we reasonably believe is necessary for us to carry out the above and will not pass your personal details onto any third party.
Unsuccessful applicants will be deleted from our database.
If your application is unsuccessful, please allow for a 90-day period from the date of your initial application before reapplying