Environmental Test Engineer : Computer Equipment, Colchester
The role is to create and execute representative test systems for computer products including VME and CompactPCI bus architectures with high power microprocessors and peripheral components by either performing the tests or attending them externally and producing reports of the tests carried out.
Example tests include shock & vibration, temperature and EMC.
The position will involve;
* Preparation of a representative test system including determining a suitable chassis, back-plane, test fixtures and other connectivity to allow a representative set of the functionality to be exercised.
Software will be required to achieve the latter and creation or modification of software test scripts would be expected (but not the creation or modification of software programs).
* Some problem diagnosis and problem solving resulting from the environmental tests.
* Maintaining accurate and correct test records and test reports to a quality level acceptable for potential customer distribution.
This shall include some product packs for ruggedised products.
You need to have;
* Built and configured computer systems from piece parts (e.g.
motherboard, data storage, cooling, power supply).
* An understanding of computer systems at a functional level.
* Set up Windows and Linux operating systems and drivers.
* Scripting skills.
* Performed vibration and shock tests using electro-dynamic shaker test equipment, diagnosing and finding practical resolutions to technical problems.
* Familiarity with VME, VPX, CompactPCI or AMC single board computer systems would be an advantage.
More Jobs from Expert Employment
- Automation Test Engineer, Software Development Tester
- Flowsheet Simulator Process Engineering / Aspen HYSYS Software Developer
- Applications Engineer - Web Developer, Bracknell.
- PHP Web Developer
- Senior Optical Instrument Design Physicist
- Design Physicist
- Linux FreeNAS Storage Engineer
- User Experience (UX) Web Application Developer.
- Web Application Developer
- Production Supervisor
- Electronic Design Engineer
- Product Assembly Lead*
- Software Tester, manual & automated QA Engineer
- Software Tester, automated testing
- Applications Engineer
- Optical Instrument Design Engineer / Scientist - Sheffield.
- Embedded Software Engineer, hands on manager Newport.
- Process Engineer, NPI Electronic device Manufacture