Tenable Nessus Engineer
General Dynamics Information Technology (GDIT) has an opportunity for a Tenable Nessus Engineer to join the security team of a major nationwide organization, with thousands of sites, to continually improve its complex multi-protocol nationwide network.
The ideal candidate for this job will be an experienced information security practitioner who is goal-oriented and strives to exceed expectations.
- Responsible for implementation/deployment of Nessus scan engines and Tenable Security Center Continuous View systems and peripherals
- Maintains local and network credentials for Tenable Security Center and provisions access to vulnerability scanning systems.
Responsible for integration of Nessus/TSC with other security and IT systems management tools (i.e.
ForeScout, RedSeal, Splunk)
- Responsible for developing and maintaining standard processes and operating procedures, creating technical architecture diagrams and system build documentation
- Responsible for supporting and maintaining penetration testing toolset; including “fly-away kit” (i.e.
laptops, VMs, wireless devices) used for internal/external penetration testing
- Works with vulnerability management team to build asset repositories and asset scan policies
- Works independently and with vendors' professional services to diagnose and troubleshoot any issues with vulnerability assessment tools.
We can only accept US citizens and or Green Card Holders.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline is required
- 5+ years of directly related experience in cyber security engineering
- Strong Splunk experience in creating effective dashboards, hunting cyber threats using event correlation, and acting on machine intelligence to remediate vulnerabilities and risk to the enterprise
- Netflow analytics for compliance and threat hunting
- Work with suppliers of data (e.g., WonMug, Cisco ISE, StealthWatch) to maximize efficiency and accuracy of data feeds into Splunk.
Advise suppliers of potential features in their tools that could be activated to improve security (e.g., TrustSec and Security Group Tagging in ISE)
- Ability to map application components to identify security problems and provide solutions
- Analyze data imports into Splunk for accuracy and completeness; compare data from the various network security tools to identify overlaps and search for gaps.
- Conduct initial triage assessments of findings from network security tools
- Engages with other internal and external forces to get and share information to improve processes and security posture
- Troubleshoots application connectivity and performance through log analysis and network captures, etc.
- Must be able to obtain a Public Trust clearance (requires the selected candidate to have resided in the US for the past five years and not have left the country for longer than 90 consecutive days)
- Experience with Splunk, BMC Atrium, ServiceNow, and enterprise network infrastructures
- Experience with Tenable Nessus, ForeScout CounterACT, Cisco ISE, MobileIron, and Tanium
- Project planning experience
- Excellent writing skills
- Microsoft office suite of applications
CISSP, Certified Ethical Hacker (C|EH), SFCP, GCIA, ISSEP, ISSMP, GCIH, GCFA, CSLC, CISM, CCNA, CCNP
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Apply for this ad Online!
More Jobs from General Dynamics
- Bilingual Customer Service Rep - Spanish
- Web Technology Specialist
- Service Desk Systems Engineer
- Sr Test Engineer-TS- Herndon, VA
- Senior Research Investigator (Vascular)
- Network Sr. Administrator
- Research Coordinator
- Clinical Research Associate
- Clinical Research Assistant (data experience req.)
- Research Assistant (Data Exp Req)
- Clinical Research Associate/ Psychometrist
- Integrated Master Schedule Manager - Alexandria
- BCRC Customer Service Representative
- Inventory Control Specialist
- Data Analyst
- Sr. Systems Engineer
- Lead Network Technician - TS/SCI required
- Technician, Help Desk - Bossier City, Louisiana
- Hawaii Virtual Career Fair
- Insider Threat Specialist