Sr. Principle Systems Engineer
*Only applicants with an active Top Secret (TS) Clearance need apply
General Dynamics Information Technology (GDIT), a leading provider of systems engineering, integration, IT service operations and support solutions, is seeking talented professionals to deliver valuable services and solutions to our customers.
GDIT has a great team consisting of experienced and knowledgeable managers who lead and support the career development objectives of our employees.
Our employees consider the company to be a solid partner in their career, with an abundance of opportunities for advancement.
We are seeking a Sr.
Principle Systems Engineer to support our Justice Programs team in Washington, DC.
In this position, you will support the Service Operations Unit (SOU) in the FBI Information Technology Services Division, Enterprise Operations Section (EOS).
The Systems Engineer will provide technical support, Operations and Maintenance, Administration, and implementation skills for the Enterprise Management System (EMS) Service Manager tool.
The tool is used 24/7/365 by other units in the IT Services and Engineering Divisions.
Principle Systems Engineer: EMS IT Service Management Tools
The Systems Engineer will provide technical support that include Project skills, Operations and Maintenance, Administration, and high level application developer skills to support tool upgrades, configuration, customizations, integrations and other related engineering skills for the Micro Focus Service Manager Tool (formerly HPE Software).
Engineering: The Systems Engineer will have experience providing customer deliverable development, change and configuration management and training as needed.
Engineering of the Service Manager (SM) tool includes but is not limited to:
- Performing day-to-day processes and activities to manage and maintain availability, health and performance of the current IT Service Management implementation at acceptable Service Levels
- Leveraging application developer skills to support tool upgrades, configuration, customizations, integrations and automation (e.g.
tools, programs or scripts) and standards as part of the engineering initiatives for the Service Manager tool.
Operations and Maintenance (O&M): The Systems Engineer will have experience providing administration and maintenance of the Micro Focus IT Service Management Tools and other related tools/components as listed below.
- Additionally, O&M support will be provided on an occasional basis outside these hours, either arranged in advance or in support of critical incidents.
Support will include, but is not limited to these activities:
- Sharing knowledge as needed to other EMS team members, regardless of contract or government status
- Train IT staff and end users to use the tool as needed
- Provide troubleshooting and resolution of EMS IT Service Management tool incidents and problems
- Recommend and carry out projects under the guidance of the technical or government lead to improve performance of the tool, install tools, improve processes and procedures, and perform routine application upgrades.
Configuration and change activities are included in this activity.
- Create specialized reports upon request
- Perform routine maintenance including but not limited to: patching to operating system and applications, monitoring operating status of the tools, provide reports, and coordinating with other teams both within and external to the IT Services Division as required.
Skills/Experience: The Systems Engineer must have knowledge in the following tool areas:
- (Required) Experience with the Micro Focus IT Service Management tool and related components including:
- Service Manager
- Incident Management
- Problem Management
- Change Management
- Release Management
- Service Catalog
- uCMDB and/or AM
- Scripting experience is preferred, especially in languages such as:
- Microsoft Server 2008, 2012 OS experience is a plus
- Experience with uCMDB is a plus
- Experience with virtual environments is preferred
- Experience integrating with other EMS tools including but not limited to:
- OMi is a plus
- ITIL® V3 Foundations certification is a plus
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline.
Masters degree preferred.
15-20 years of related systems engineering experience.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Apply for this ad Online!
More Jobs from General Dynamics
- Bilingual Customer Service Rep - Spanish
- Web Technology Specialist
- Service Desk Systems Engineer
- Sr Test Engineer-TS- Herndon, VA
- Senior Research Investigator (Vascular)
- Network Sr. Administrator
- Research Coordinator
- Clinical Research Associate
- Clinical Research Assistant (data experience req.)
- Research Assistant (Data Exp Req)
- Clinical Research Associate/ Psychometrist
- Integrated Master Schedule Manager - Alexandria
- BCRC Customer Service Representative
- Inventory Control Specialist
- Data Analyst
- Sr. Systems Engineer
- Lead Network Technician - TS/SCI required
- Technician, Help Desk - Bossier City, Louisiana
- Hawaii Virtual Career Fair
- Insider Threat Specialist