Media Relations Officer
Media Relations Officer- 3 month contract - Crewe- £19 ph umbrella
Our client have a great opportunity to join a busy media relations team, sharing information with the general public and managing the organisation's reputation.
Job responsibilities will include;
-Provide detailed media relations planning for the directorate communications team.
-Provide pro-active media relations coverage of the organisation in a creative and ambitious way in broadcast, print and online media, working from defined objectives in the directorate communications plans.
-Provide reactive media relations outputs to mitigate reputation attacks on the organisation.
-Advise, coach and guide colleagues around the organisation on all aspects of media relations.
-Write daily news releases, statements and interview briefing notes.
-Provide media interview coaching and chaperoning for organisation colleagues.
-Carry out daily media monitoring of the local, regional and national media with a particular focus on the interests of organisation and the directorate.
-Build constructive, independent and mutually respectful relationships with the media in particular, journalists who cover the organisation patch.
-Show a full understanding of the role of media relations within the offering of the Communications service, being able to identify non-media opportunities for exploration with colleagues in the directorate communications team.
-Illustrate an acute awareness of current affairs and the political and social context of modern local government in all relevant stakeholder circles.
For further information and to apply please call Victoria at STR on 02392 322309 and email a copy of your up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
STR Limited is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
More Jobs from STR Group Limited
- Contract Test Technician
- Quality Engineer
- DATA ANALYST - 6 MONTH FTC - - £35,000 PRO RATA
- Occupational Health Manager
- Principal Electronics Test Engineer
- Installation Electricians
- 2381755 - Procurement Specialist (Senior)
- Locum Specialist Occupational Therapist - Surrey
- Field Service Coordinator
- Software Engineer
- Precision Analogue Design Engineer
- Electronics System Engineer
- Data Architect
- ELECTRO-MECHANICAL TECHNICIAN - LEATHERHEAD
- Power supply Design Engineer
- Specialist Occupational Therapist
- SHEQ Advisor
- Occupational Health Adviser - Bridgewater
- Business Solutions Designer