Strategic Development Director - Not For Profit
Strategic Development Director: An experienced Strategic Development Director with a public sector/civil service background is required to implement an ambitious programme of change for a long-standing not-for-profit organisation that promotes active, fulfilling lifestyles by providing sport and leisure opportunities to over 140,000 members.
The role will report to the Chief Executive and liaise externally with key stakeholders such as civil service and public-sector departments; professional health and wellbeing bodies, affiliated organisations and members.
The Strategic Development Director will join a part government funded organisation that offers exclusive membership to public sector employees, civil servants, and HM Armed Forces personnel.
The successful candidate will take responsibility for defining, communicating and implementing the strategic plan for an ambitious programme of change designed to reinvigorate the organisation, bringing them up to date in terms of technology, product offering, and how they attract new members.
- Define, agree and communicate the Strategic Plan for 2019 to 2021 in conjunction with the Board and Executive Team
- Build key relationships at a senior level in the Civil Service and targeted Public-Sector organisations
- Develop a Health and Wellbeing proposition aligned to customer need
- Position the organisation as a trusted partner of choice with the Civil Service for health and wellbeing
- Understand industry trends, competitor activity, member activity and customer need to ensure that the organisation is seen as progressive and distinctive
- Build productive relationships with key influencers in existing and potential customers
- Identify key partnerships with experts in the health and wellbeing space
Skills & Experience:
- Director level experience
- Degree educated, post graduate/professional qualification or extensive vocational and strategic management/leadership experience
- Experience of the Civil Service, including an existing network and knowledge of how to navigate and influence the organisation
- Public sector / civil service sector experience
- Proven experience in building and communicating strategic plans for a business or business segment
- Experience of building a network at a senior level across complex organisations, identifying opportunities
- Proven experience of leading a business through strategic change
- Excellent project management skills, able to translate big picture plans into business initiatives
- Knowledgeable and passionate about health and wellbeing
Strong commercial awareness, with in experience of seeking project funding, managing and controlling substantial budgets
This is a unique opportunity for an experienced Strategic Development Director to join an ethical, not for profit organisation that aims to improve the lives of its members through participation in sport & leisure.
A competitive salary and benefits package are on offer.
Some travel is required due to the nature of the role.
More Jobs from MaxAd
- Customer Service Administrator
- Head of Bid Management
- Client Relationship Manager
- Bid Manager
- Driver / Trade Counter / Warehouse
- Head of Operations (Director Designate)
- Sales Negotiator - Poultry
- Office Manager
- Manufacturing Operations Manager
- Customer Service Coach
- Learning and Development Business Partner
- Collections Agent
- Digital Marketing Executive
- Contact Centre Team Leader
- Customer Service Advisor
- Financial Controller
- Head of Sales
- Dynamics 365 Consultant Functional & Technical
- Telesales Executive