Information Systems Security Officer
General Dynamics Information Technology (GDIT) has an opportunity for a Information Systems Security Operations Officer to join the security team of a major nationwide organization, with thousands of sites, to continually improve its complex multi-protocol nationwide network.
The ideal candidate for this job will be an experienced information security practitioner who is goal-oriented and strives to exceed expectations.
- Oversees the information assurance (IA) program of an information system in or outside the network environment; may include recommendation and justification procurement duties
- Establishes audit policy and reporting mechanisms for ensuring compliance with IA/IS standards by keeping current with IA/IS requirements
- Analyzes identified security strategies by assessing them against the organization's needs and compliance guidelines and selects the best approach or practice for the enterprise
- Leads the development of risk management by creating plans, procedures, protocols, and evaluation measures and ensuring there are desired levels of enterprise-wide IA/IS
- Oversees the presence and adequacy of security measures proposed or provided in response to requirements contained in acquisition documents
We can only accept US citizens and or Green Card Holders.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline is required, Masters Degree preferred
- Over 10 years' experience working as an Information Assurance Analyst for an information technology, information assurance, or information management program
- Certification in one or more of; Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP), CompTIA Security +, CPTE - Certified Penetration Testing Engineer, CEH - Certified Ethical Hacker, or Certified Information System Security Professional (CISSP)
- Demonstrable experience with Security Operation tools inclusive of products from SPLUNK, FireEye, Looking Glass, Intel, Endgame, StealthWatch, RSA, Tanium
- Must have cloud and open source technology experience
- Must be able to obtain a Public Trust clearance (requires the selected candidate to have resided in the US for the past five years and not have left the country for longer than 90 consecutive days)
Required - 1 or more of the following Certifications:
CISSP, Certified Ethical Hacker (C|EH), CompTIA Security+, Certified Penetration Testing Engineer (CPTE), Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP)
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector.
Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Apply for this ad Online!
More Jobs from General Dynamics
- Bilingual Customer Service Rep - Spanish
- Web Technology Specialist
- Service Desk Systems Engineer
- Sr Test Engineer-TS- Herndon, VA
- Senior Research Investigator (Vascular)
- Network Sr. Administrator
- Research Coordinator
- Clinical Research Associate
- Clinical Research Assistant (data experience req.)
- Research Assistant (Data Exp Req)
- Clinical Research Associate/ Psychometrist
- Integrated Master Schedule Manager - Alexandria
- BCRC Customer Service Representative
- Inventory Control Specialist
- Data Analyst
- Sr. Systems Engineer
- Lead Network Technician - TS/SCI required
- Technician, Help Desk - Bossier City, Louisiana
- Hawaii Virtual Career Fair
- Insider Threat Specialist