Senior Consultant Fire Safety
RPS Fire and Process Safety team capabilities offer extremely varied and meaningful work where we advise a wide variety of clients on one of their most pressing business challenges (safety).
We need to be adaptable and agile to deliver our clients individual needs, from SMEs to multinational organisations.
The team act as advisers to global clients who want to keep abreast of current issues and industry best practice in various sectors, including defence, nuclear, FMCG, chemicals, oil & gas and energy.
We work with regulators and have built a robust reputation by applying our knowledge and practical experience to our client’s needs.
RPS Fire and Process Safety Team consult on anything from comprehensive hazard analysis to developing in house tools and techniques.
Job title Fire Safety Consultant
Term Full time
Fire and Process Team core services include:
• Assessment of fire safety arrangements against legislative and regulatory requirements.
• Production of detailed fire risk assessment studies.
• Completion of fire safety walk downs
• Fire engineering calculations.
• Fire loading studies.
• Smoke logging analysis.
• Passive fire resistance studies.
• Means of escape analysis.
• Facilitation in the selection of fire protection measures.
• Computational Fluid Dynamics Modelling
• Hazard Identification
• Risk Assessment/ Analysis
• ATEX / DSEAR / Explosive Atmospheres
• BowTie Analysis
• Functional Safety
• COMAH Support – Major Accident Hazards
What we can offer
• You’ll be working within a well-respected fire and process team and will have the opportunity to rapidly develop your professional skills, network and career
• Assistance with Chartered status with the appropriate institution at the earliest opportunity
• Exposure to the wider RPS group and the opportunity to work with a variety of clients
• Competitive salary and benefits package
Because of the nature of the work we undertake, security clearance is required to be completed for all personnel