Senior Network Engineer
Senior Network Engineer
This is an opportunity for an experienced Senior Network Engineer to work for my client in the Birmingham area.
The position has become available due to an internal promotion and they now require a Network Team Leader with hands on experience to come in and lead the team.
The Senior Network Specialist will be heavily involved in the design, implementation and transition of new bespoke customer solutions.
They will design solutions based on industry best practices using a number of different vendor technologies with an emphasis on security.
They will also work closely with both solution and technical architects to assist in delivery of new technologies and service improvements.
Design & Architecture
- Work closely with the Technical Architects to contribute to the design of platform service and customer infrastructures from conception to completion
- Assist on the creation of technical architectures stretching across the entire breadth of the IT estate for Data centre platform services and customers alike
- Contribute to the continuous improvement programmes of all technology platforms across the datacentre
- Technically lead on the implementation of customer projects into the datacentre and at customer sites
- Liase with 3rd party ISP’s to assist in the delivery of external links and services into the datacentre
- Liase with company partners to assist in the delivery of customer projects
The ideal candidate will be self-motivated with a track record of working with a datacentre technology stack and delivery of both customer and platform projects.
Experience of working in a fast paced, dynamic environment with a can-do attitude, showing attention to detail and able to handle work with multiple customers and projects.
Candidate must have experience of working in a large solution provider with a rapidly expanding customer base.
- In-depth experience of Cisco networking products such as ASA, FWSM, IPS, Nexus, 6500 VSS, ACE, backed up by a current CCNP R&S / Security certification
- Proven experience in routing protocols such as OSPF & BGP
- Detailed knowledge and practical experience of firewalls, load balancers and proxy solutions such as Fortinet, CheckPoint and F5, specifically in a cloud environment
- Detailed knowledge of VPN technologies such as IPSEC Site-to-Site, Remote Access (AnyConnect / Juniper / Pulse) with PKI
- Experience in producing Low Level Design documentation & reviewing HLDs
- Start: ASAP
- Duration: n/a
- Rate: Â£55000 to Â£60000 Per: annum Benefits: Excellent benefits
- Location: Birmingham,England
- Type: Permanent
- Industry: IT
- Recruiter: Monarch Recruitment Limited
- Contact: Adam Straker
- Tel: 0121 237 3280
- Email: to view click here
- Reference: NTL
- Posted: 2018-05-17 15:44:10 -
- View all Jobs from Monarch Recruitment Limited
More Jobs from Monarch Recruitment Limited
- Systems Engineer London £45K - £48K
- Front End Web Developer - Angular JS
- AWS Cloud Engineer – London £55K
- Service Desk Manager MSP £40K – £45K
- Support Engineer 2nd Line Office 365 £35K
- Helpdesk - 1st Line Enginee London £25K
- Angular Developer - AngularJS, Web, Agile
- 1st/2nd Line Engineer
- Production System Test Engineer - Electronics
- Electrical Engineer
- Electrical Engineer - Medical Devices
- UI / UX Designer (Sketch, InVision, Photoshop)
- Sustaining / Component Engineer - Electronics
- Senior / Principal Electrical Design Engineer
- Electronics Design Engineer
- Senior Development Engineer - Power Supplies
- Electronics Design Engineer - RF Over Optics
- RF Design Engineer - Components
- Principal RF Design Engineer
- Power Supply Design Engineer