Clinical Research Associate/ Psychometrist
DVBIC SUMMARY: As a leader in traumatic brain injury research, the Defense and Veterans Brain Injury Center (DVBIC) serves active duty military, veterans and their beneficiaries with coordinated care throughout 23 Army, Navy and Veterans Affairs medical treatment centers.
General Dynamics Health Solutions' researchers and healthcare professionals treat and track more than 8,500 TBI patients a year to measure the impact of care on long term health and occupational outcomes.
Conducting 72 different clinical research studies - to include a 15-year congressional directed study - our experts educate political leaders, caregivers, clinicians, and the general public to provide and improve evidence-based, best practice TBI care for service members, veterans and their families.
Learn More about DVBIC
Join Our Talent Network TalentNetwork
The Research Associate will support the several multi-site research projects as part of the Congressionally Mandated 15-Year study to examine outcome from traumatic brain injury in a military population and the effect on family members.
- Conduct full neuropsychological batteries including scoring of those measures.
- Conduct comprehensive clinical interviews and medical record reviews (e.g., traumatic brain injury, bodily injury, neurological, medical, mental health, and psycho-social history, medication use, health care utilization, health care needs, barriers to care, return to work/duty, and employment and education status).
- Case conference clinical interviews and medical record reviews (e.g., determine index injuries, assign experimental groups, determine injury severity and classification coding).
- Administer telephone/web-based questionnaires and computerized neurocognitive tests.
- Consent participants when required.
- Offer suggestions for appropriate services for participants as needed.
- Take part in recruitment activities when required.
- Complete and maintain paperwork and electronic systems related to participant processing.
- Accurately collect and process all study related data, assist with data export, data coding, and perform quality control procedures.
- Maintain research records in compliance with regulatory requirements
- Bachelor's degree in a scientific discipline required Master's Degree in Psychology, Counseling, or related field preferred.
- Must have Human Subjects training completed.
0-2 years of related experince in scientific research and analysis required.
2 + years' of experience in research preferred.
- Prior expereince conducting literature reviews, clinical interviews and neuropsychological testing.
Prior experience within the DoD/VA systems of care strongly preferred.
Based on contract requirements, U.S.
Citizenship is required and candidates must be able to obtain a favoravle NACLC/ T3 security investigation prior to starting position.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Apply for this ad Online!
More Jobs from General Dynamics
- Sr Systems Engineer
- CND Network Analyst
- Senior Supply Technician - TS/SCI with Polygraph
- Logistics Analyst - TS/SCI with Polygraph
- Systems Administrator TS/SCI w/Poly
- Senior Telecom Analyst - TS/SCI with Polygraph
- Sr Network Engineer - TS/SCI required
- Tier III VTC Network Administrator - TS/SCI
- Sr Telecom Analyst - TS/SCI required
- Sr Software Engineer
- Sr Information Security Analyst
- Mid-Shift Tier III NW Administrator - TS/SCI
- Unified Comms Lead - TS/SCI required
- Lead Network Technician - TS/SCI required
- Information System Security Analyst
- Sr Software Engineer
- Software Engineer TS/SCI Required
- Help Desk Technician TS.SCI Required
- Network Engineer
- NOC Shift Work TS.SCI Required