Clinical Research Assistant (data experience req.)
DVBIC SUMMARY: As a leader in traumatic brain injury research, the Defense and Veterans Brain Injury Center (DVBIC) serves active duty military, veterans and their beneficiaries with coordinated care throughout 23 Army, Navy and Veterans Affairs medical treatment centers.
General Dynamics Health Solutions' researchers and healthcare professionals treat and track more than 8,500 TBI patients a year to measure the impact of care on long term health and occupational outcomes.
Conducting 72 different clinical research studies - to include a 15-year congressional directed study - our experts educate political leaders, caregivers, clinicians, and the general public to provide and improve evidence-based, best practice TBI care for service members, veterans and their families
Do you have a passion for research supporting our Service Members? GDIT is hiring a Research Assistant to join forces with the current research team in providing support to the Defense & Veteran's Brain Injury Center located at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center (WRNMMC) in Bethesda, MD.
The research team this position will support focuses on the current Natural History Study of Traumatic Brain Injury.
Join our Talent Network: Here
- General Dynamics Health Solutions is seeking a research assistant to work full time for the Defense and Veterans Brain Injury Center (DVBIC) at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center (WRNMMC) in Bethesda.
- The Research Assistant will support the Congressionally Mandated 15-Year study to examine outcome from traumatic brain injury (TBI) in a military population and the effect on family members.
- Respond to inquiries from participants via email and telephone.
- Conduct medical record reviews for eligibility and at follow-up (e.g., TBI history, neurological history, bodily injury history, medical history, and mental health history).
- Case conference medical record reviews with the Scientific Director/s.
- Schedule screening interview, consent, and study evaluations.
- Screen and consent participants.
- Offer suggestions for appropriate services when required.
- Publicize and recruit participants via hospital-based and community outreach methods.
- Search for and contact relevant community organizations to publicize the studies.
- Attend recruitment events to publicize the studies.
- Maintain recruitment and retention supplies.
- Data entry of psychological self-report data, neuropsychological data, and clinical interview data.
- Data export from web-based data capture platforms.
- Verify accuracy of data by quality checking (QC) data entry and reviewing questionnaire forms for accuracy and completion.
- Follow data entry/data QC SOPs to ensure study compliance and revise SOPs as requested.
- Retrieve information from the databases and hard copy files to check for and resolve discrepancies.
- Complete QC of hard copy files to prepare files for data entry and IRB audits.
- Conduct literature reviews.
- Assist with manuscript editing and submission.
- Assist with presentation formatting and editing.
- Maintain electronic tracking forms and records.
- Create and maintain participant files and research records.
- Maintain research records in compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Perform other study-related administrative procedures as required.
- Bachelor of Science/Arts in psychology, counseling, or related field is required.
- 0-2 years' experience in research/clinical investigations/studies required.
2-3 years of prior research experience is preferred.
- Experience with electronic literature search databases, Endnote, Excel, SPSS, Adobe, and PowerPoint is required.
- Prior experience within the DoD/VA systems of care strongly preferred.
- Ability to follow detailed instructions required.
- Excellent communication and analytical skills required.
- This person must adhere to legal, professional and ethical codes with respect to confidentiality and privacy
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Apply for this ad Online!
More Jobs from General Dynamics
- Sr Systems Engineer
- CND Network Analyst
- Senior Supply Technician - TS/SCI with Polygraph
- Logistics Analyst - TS/SCI with Polygraph
- Systems Administrator TS/SCI w/Poly
- Senior Telecom Analyst - TS/SCI with Polygraph
- Sr Network Engineer - TS/SCI required
- Tier III VTC Network Administrator - TS/SCI
- Sr Telecom Analyst - TS/SCI required
- Sr Software Engineer
- Sr Information Security Analyst
- Mid-Shift Tier III NW Administrator - TS/SCI
- Unified Comms Lead - TS/SCI required
- Lead Network Technician - TS/SCI required
- Information System Security Analyst
- Sr Software Engineer
- Software Engineer TS/SCI Required
- Help Desk Technician TS.SCI Required
- Network Engineer
- NOC Shift Work TS.SCI Required