Clinical Research Associate
DVBIC SUMMARY: As a leader in traumatic brain injury research, the Defense and Veterans Brain Injury Center (DVBIC) serves active duty military, veterans and their beneficiaries with coordinated care throughout 23 Army, Navy and Veterans Affairs medical treatment centers.
General Dynamics Health Solutions' researchers and healthcare professionals treat and track more than 8,500 TBI patients a year to measure the impact of care on long term health and occupational outcomes.
Conducting 72 different clinical research studies - to include a 15-year congressional directed study - our experts educate political leaders, caregivers, clinicians, and the general public to provide and improve evidence-based, best practice TBI care for service members, veterans and their families
Find Out More on DVBIC- Here
Join Our Talent Network- Here
Summary: This individual will plan, conduct, and complete investigations under the supervision of the lead of the project.
This person would be responsible for participating in all aspects of research including data collection, organization, literature reviews, structured interviews, analysis and interpretation of basic data and will assist with the preparation of technical reports, summaries, and protocols.
- Plans, conducts and completes investigations under the supervision of the head of the project.
- Participates in data collection and organization, literature reviews, structured interviews, provides basic data analysis and interpretation.
- Assists with the preparation of technical reports, summaries, and protocols.
- Maintains clear and accurate records, inventories and logbooks.
- Verifies and corrects data entry for research projects, supports senior staff in quality control and provides trouble shooting.
- Provides written updates to senior staff.
Knowledge of standard qualitative and quantitative data collection techniques.
Ability to follow general instructions; work in a team; good communication, writing and analytical skills; familiarity with social science research methodology is required.
Ability to follow detailed instructions.
Excellent communication and analytical skills required.
S/he must adhere to legal, professional and ethical codes with respect to confidentiality and privacy.
Provides research guidance to junior research staff.
- Bachelor's degree in a scientific field.
Master Degree preferred.
- Must have Human Subjects training completed.
- 0-2 years of experience in research required.
- Prior experience within the DoD/VA systems of care strongly preferred.
- Based on contract requirements, US citizenship is required and person must obtain a favorable T3 investigation prior to start date.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.
With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Apply for this ad Online!
More Jobs from General Dynamics
- Sr Systems Engineer - TS/SCI required
- Principal Systems Administrator - TS/SCI with Polygraph
- Senior Systems Administrator - TS/SCI with Polygraph
- Senior Systems Technician - TS/SCI w/Poly Required
- Telecommunications Technician - TS/SCI w/Poly
- Supply Technician - TS/SCI with Polygraph
- Associate Supply Technician - TS/SCI with Polygraph
- Principal Program Analyst - TS/SCI with Polygraph
- Information Security Analyst
- Sr Systems Engineer
- CND Network Analyst
- Senior Supply Technician - TS/SCI with Polygraph
- Logistics Analyst - TS/SCI with Polygraph
- Systems Administrator TS/SCI w/Poly
- Senior Telecom Analyst - TS/SCI with Polygraph
- Sr Network Engineer - TS/SCI required
- Tier III VTC Network Administrator - TS/SCI
- Sr Telecom Analyst - TS/SCI required
- Sr Software Engineer
- Sr Information Security Analyst