Senior Research Investigator (Vascular)
The USAISR's mission is to provide combat casualty care medical solutions and products for wounded warriors, from self-aid through definitive care across the full spectrum of military operations; provide state-of-the-art trauma, burn, and critical care to Department of Defense beneficiaries and civilians; and provide Burn Flight Teams.
The USAISR does this through three unique missions: (1) To provide requirements driven innovations in combat casualty care advance medical care for injured services members; (2) as the only Burn Center in the DoD provide state of the art burn, trauma and critical care to injured war fighters and DoD beneficiaries around the world; (3) through the Joint Trauma System, provide a performance improvement system dedicated to ensuring that medical care is organized according to the needs of the patient.
GDIT is seeking a Senior Research Investigator to Supports the USAISR's Coagulation and Blood Research (CBR) Task Area and the Damage Control and Resuscitation Research (DCR) Task Area within the Research Directorate.
Position objectives include:
- Objective 1: The Contractor shall conduct animal research to satisfy mission support requirements
- Objective 2: The Contractor shall provide laboratory research to satisfy mission support requirements
- Objective 3: The Contractor shall provide data analysis, publications, and presentations
- Objective 4: The Contractor shall apply for funding, review scientific documentation and literature, and establish and maintain collaborations as force multipliers to expand capabilities.
Key Tasks include:
- Extensive knowledge and skill in vascular surgical procedures to develop and lead studies examining endovascular tools and strategies for interventional hemorrhage control and resuscitation
- Lead efforts characterizing stem cells and evaluating therapeutic potential in animal models of trauma
- Conduct animal research to satisfy mission support requirements
- Culture a variety of cell types/lines under various environmental conditions
- Develop, validate, and use a variety of molecular, biochemical, coagulation, and physiological assays
- Design, implement and conduct molecular biological, biochemical and pharmacological components of experimental investigations in collaboration with the principal investigator(s).
PhD degree in Biochemistry, Cell Biology or Molecular Biology
8-10 years of related experience in scientific research, analysis and/or engineering.
Minimum of 2 years' Post-Doctoral Experience
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector.
Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Apply for this ad Online!
More Jobs from General Dynamics
- Sr Systems Engineer - TS/SCI required
- Principal Systems Administrator - TS/SCI with Polygraph
- Senior Systems Administrator - TS/SCI with Polygraph
- Senior Systems Technician - TS/SCI w/Poly Required
- Telecommunications Technician - TS/SCI w/Poly
- Supply Technician - TS/SCI with Polygraph
- Associate Supply Technician - TS/SCI with Polygraph
- Principal Program Analyst - TS/SCI with Polygraph
- Information Security Analyst
- Sr Systems Engineer
- CND Network Analyst
- Senior Supply Technician - TS/SCI with Polygraph
- Logistics Analyst - TS/SCI with Polygraph
- Systems Administrator TS/SCI w/Poly
- Senior Telecom Analyst - TS/SCI with Polygraph
- Sr Network Engineer - TS/SCI required
- Tier III VTC Network Administrator - TS/SCI
- Sr Telecom Analyst - TS/SCI required
- Sr Software Engineer
- Sr Information Security Analyst