Senior Operations Manager
Senior Operations Manager
Production & Manufacturing / sub-assembly
Are you a senior operations manager with experience of managing production & manufacturing processes, or sub-assembly activities, ideally within an electrically biased manufacturer, automotive or technically advanced business? Are you a natural leader with the ability to influence and motivate operational staff at all levels? If so we would be keen to hear from you.
HQ based – Kent (Relocation considered)
Commutable from – Kent, Maidstone, Rochester, Gravesend, Dartford, Sittingbourne, Canterbury, Tonbridge, Ashford, Rainham, Aylesford, Faversham
££ High + Pension + Healthcare + Life Assurance
We are looking to hire a multi-faceted professional to manage, drive and develop operational teams.
Operational performance, quality, engineering, purchasing, through to supply chain and finished goods assembly / despatch needs to be slick to ensure the company meet their delivery promise to their customers.
- Develop site operations from goods in, through sub-assembly, product testing and despatch for finished goods out.
- Work closely with the head of engineering on improving quality and supplier performance from far eastern and key Chinese suppliers.
- Travel frequently to China to steer supplier performance objectives along with product engineering milestones in conjunction with the head of engineering.
- Manage the supply chain and purchasing functions for the business.
- In addition to influencing commercially robust solutions, you will also take the lead in further developing quality systems for the business with the view to appointing a quality manager into the business given time.
- Motivate a varied operational team circa 35 heads at peak business season.
- Control recruitment activities covering both fixed heads and contract staff.
- Manage and improve all operational functions and work flow procedures.
- Work in tandem with inter-company departments and business heads, including sales, finance, quality and engineering.
- Proactively report on operational performance to the board, including anticipated problems and suggested corrective actions.
- Oversee all elements of health & safety for the site including all current environmental legislations and obligations.
- Maintain and develop all training requirements for the operational teams.
- Ensure sufficient budgetary control for the operations department.
- Our ideal candidate will have a strong background in operations ideally within a manufacturing production or sub-assembly business.
- We require good all round operational skills with an ability to spot potential bottle necks and pre-empt problems deploying swift corrective actions.
- This role revolves heavily around “managing the team” therefore we require excellent people skills and gravitas to handle individuals at all levels from factory floor through to senior business heads and the ultimately the board of Directors.
- This role will take total responsibility for the business operations from purchasing & supply chain through to goods in and ultimately finished goods out, therefore we seek an exceptionally process driven person with a great passion for organisation and precise attention to detail.
- This is a fast-paced working environment therefore our appointed candidate will need to be able to work to tight deadlines and work well under pressure.
The organisation and working culture:
Our client has pioneered, innovated and developed the golf trolley market for more than 35 years, enjoying No.1 brand status across 50 countries worldwide.
In 2017 the company was officially recognised by the London Stock Exchange for being one of the UK’s fastest-growing and most dynamic businesses.
This is a fantastic senior operations career opportunity, to work with a market leader in bringing innovative, cutting edge products into the golfing market.
Their working style is informative, collaborative and exciting.
To apply for the Senior Operations Managers job please forward your CV to Kayleigh Bradley, Senior Recruiter at Glen Callum Associates Ltd or call Kayleigh directly for a further chat on the job.
Kayleigh is an ethical IRP registered recruiter and will deal with your application in strict confidence. If your application is successful you will be contacted directly by Kayleigh and she will talk you through in detail the full company role and specifics.
Don’t delay, we’re hiring now, apply today!
JOB REF 2910KB
Glen Callum Associates are a leading automotive and industrial recruitment agency for sales, operational and marketing positions.
By applying for this role you accept the Jobzooma terms and conditions (http://www.jobzooma.com/terms) and agree to receive email notification of other suitable jobs
- Start: ASAP
- Duration: Permanent
- Rate: Â£Â£ High + Pension + Healthcare + Life Assurance
- Location: Kent, England
- Type: Permanent
- Industry: Management
- Recruiter: Glen Callum Associates Ltd
- Contact: Kayleigh Bradley
- Tel: 000000000000
- Email: to view click here
- Reference: 2910JH
- Posted: 2018-05-30 11:46:53 -
- View all Jobs from Glen Callum Associates Ltd
More Jobs from Glen Callum Associates Ltd
- Press Toolmaker
- Quality Engineer / Quality Inspector
- Assistant Financial Controller
- Workshop Controller
- German Speaking Customer Services Representative
- Assistant Product Manager
- Senior Vehicle Technician - Workshop Controller
- Product Manager
- Maintenance Engineer
- Regional Sales Manager - North
- Design Engineer
- Senior Parts Advisor
- Product Manager
- Manufacturing Support Engineer
- Technical Supervisor
- French Export Sales Manager
- Parts Telesales Advisor
- Internal Sales Advisor
- Parts Advisor
- Head of Sales & Marketing