Salary circa €55,000 per annum plus
My client, a Risk Management Services provider, is looking to recruit a Fisheries Assessor, based in Ireland, Spain or the UK, to join their commercial division on a permanent basis.
Job Scope and Accountabilities:
The successful candidate will be responsible for assessing fisheries against various Fisheries Standards.
Standards with which the successful candidate might potentially be expected to work include the Marine Stewardship Council (MSC) Standard, the Alaska Responsible Fisheries Management (RFM) Standard, the Iceland Responsible Fisheries (IRF) Standard and the Audubon G.U.L.F.
The successful candidate will be required to conduct assessments in a professional manner in compliance with Standard Requirements and according to internal company policy and procedures.
Assessments will involve a degree of national and international travel depending on where the successful candidate is ultimately based (as an indication an Assessor might be expected to travel 1 week in every 7 or 8 although this may vary seasonally).
Fisheries Assessors are expected to:
- Carry out assessments of Applicant fisheries, against agreed standards in accordance with documented procedures.
- Analyse, collate and distil available information and apply it in assessing fisheries against certification requirements; examples of such information might include (depending on the Assessor’s area of expertise) survey and stock assessment reports, information on fisheries impacts on non-target species/habitats/ecosystems and/sor legal and regulatory management frameworks.
- Following an initial training period, lead a team of Assessors with expertise in various disciplines of fisheries assessment and management.
- Contribute to the production of timely and accurate assessment reports.
- Support business initiatives including, standards review, benchmarking activities and customer liaison when required.
- Carry out any other duties that are suited to your skills and experience that the company requests you undertake.
Assessors are not permitted to carry out activities that affect their independence or impartiality and specifically shall not carry out unauthorised consultancy or training activities.
Assessors must strictly observe the company’s procedures to maintain the confidentiality of information and records.
Minimum Education / Professional Qualifications & Experience Required:
As a minimum the successful candidate will have:
- A degree or equivalent in science or technical subject (e.g.
marine/fisheries biology/ecology, zoology, environmental science, marine and coastal ecology, marine environmental protection, fisheries science, maths, economics).
- 5 years’ relevant fisheries experience (e.g.
management or research experience in a fisheries ecology, marine conservation biology, natural resources or environmental management position).
Additionally advantageous experience might include:
- Experience applying mainstream stock assessment techniques or primary authorship of peer reviewed stock assessments.
- Experience working with the biology and population dynamics of the targeted fish species.
- Knowledge of the derivation and use of reference points and proxies in fisheries management (e.g.
MSY, FMSY, OFL etc.).
- Knowledge and understanding of experimental survey designs and biological sampling.
- Experience of research into, policy analysis for, or management of, fisheries impacts on aquatic ecosystems.
- Experience as a practising fishery manager and/or fishery/ policy analyst.
- Leadership and management of teams.
- Knowledge and understanding of 3rd party certification.
- Auditing experience (might include being audited).
- Successful completion of a Third Party Auditor Course (e.g.
ISO 9000 Lead Assessor Course).
- Start: ASAP
- Duration: Full time, permanent
- Rate: €50k - 55k per year
- Location: Dundalk, Ireland
- Type: Permanent
- Industry: Agriculture
- Recruiter: i4 Recruitment
- Contact: Dale King
- Tel: 08452260677
- Email: to view click here
- Reference: i4R-DKJ2325
- Posted: 2018-05-30 13:42:35 -
- View all Jobs from i4 Recruitment
More Jobs from i4 Recruitment
- Commercial Finance Analyst
- Fork Lift Truck driver
- Vehicle Technician
- Class 1 HGV Driver
- Support Worker
- Customer Service Advisor
- Senior Bookkeeper
- Solution Architect
- HGV Drivers
- Mechanical Design Engineer
- CGI Artist
- Junior/Graduate Front End Developer
- Management Accountant
- Gym Equipment Installers
- Digital Communications Manager
- Sales Consultant
- Quality Control Technician
- Business Development Executive
- HGV Mechanic (PCV)
- Recruitment Consultant